• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hayden Opitz Commits

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn! Big time in-state pick up! One of the top 5 players in state in my opinion. Love to see it!

Was the TE MVP at the EWU camp recently as well. This is a great one!

We are loaded at TE; Grossman is only a RS Sophmore (I know he's been around since Eisenhower was President but), Rensvold has a year left, even though I think he was recruited by George Dahlberg, Joey Elwell is a pure Junior, Barker is a stud Soph with no redshirt, Jake Olson looks like he might work as a mine tower in Butte in the off-season (Freshman), and I think Peyton Brammer might have eaten one of the under graduate TE's because he's 6'5 220. And then Micah Ashton and Joe Weida are about 6'5 each and look the business.
And we usually run 11 packages so that's only one guy in per snap. We are stacked!

EverettGriz said:
Cowboys84 said:
Waiting for it...

By “it” do you mean coach Sixx signing a top in-state recruit?

Yeah, you’d better get comfortable. May be awhile.

Welcome Hayden!

And there it is...

The inevitable inclusion of the bobcats into your first thoughts of the day...you never fail...try harder .

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:
By “it” do you mean coach Sixx signing a top in-state recruit?

Yeah, you’d better get comfortable. May be awhile.

Welcome Hayden!

And there it is...

The inevitable inclusion of the bobcats into your first thoughts of the day...you never fail...try harder .

The cats only enter my brain when a cat fan is too embarrassed (understandable) to admit so tries (fails miserably) to pretend he’s a fan of a real program.

Also: the irony. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can develop in either Cole Grossman or Erik Barker's role within the Griz offense. Can also develop at three of the LB positions in the Griz defense. Probably my favorite player in this class based on the tape, Hayden is the total package when it comes to being a student athlete. He'll be my #3 recruit heading into the fall season when I release my new ranking next week. Very jealous Cat fan here!

VimSince03 said:
Can develop in either Cole Grossman or Erik Barker's role within the Griz offense. Can also develop at three of the LB positions in the Griz defense. Probably my favorite player in this class based on the tape, Hayden is the total package when it comes to being a student athlete. He'll be my #3 recruit heading into the fall season when I release my new ranking next week. Very jealous Cat fan here!

I hope he gets plays linebacker for us. That size LB at this division can be hard to come by.

VimSince03 said:
6pul5n.jpg

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
VimSince03 said:

I hope he gets plays linebacker for us. That size LB at this division can be hard to come by.

In order of where I think he would develop best at:

1) H-back (he's one of the best blockers I've seen in a while...best since Colin Bingham in 2015; also can be a threat out of the backfield as a receiver)
2) Rush End (could thrive in that O'Connell role pretty easily)
3/4) Inside LBs (can navigate around blockers with force or finesse; good tackler)
5) Inline TE (Hayden is one of the best power forwards in the state and he's a really good rebounder with a soft touch around the rim...which plays into TE success)

Back