• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS vs FBS upset guesses Week 0 & 1

Who has the best chance to upset an FBS team in Week 0 & Week 1

• #2 South Dakota St. at (FBS)Iowa

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • #17 Southeastern Louisiana at (FBS) Louisiana

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • #19 Delaware at (FBS)Navy

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • #21 Northern Iowa at (FBS)Air Force

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • #24 Richmond at (FBS)Virginia

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • #25 **UC Davis at (FBS)California

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • North Dakota at (FBS)Nebraska

• Maine at (FBS)New Mexico

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • **Northern Arizona at (FBS)Arizona St. (Blowout)

• **Idaho at (FBS)Washington St.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • **Cal Poly at (FBS)Fresno St. (Blowout)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • **Portland St. at (FBS)San Jose St. (Lost by 4)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • VMI at (FBS)Wake Forest (Blowout)

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • South Dakota at (FBS)Kansas St.

• FTC

Votes: 42 52.5%

• Total voters

Paytonlives

Staff member
In week 0 and Week 1 there are 34 FCS vs. FBS games. The poll includes the 14 most likely upsets and listed below are the rest of the week 0 and week 1 games. You can pick 3 and are able to change your votes. I listed ALL the games so if you find one that might surprise just post about it

Might have a chance
Central Conn. St. at (FBS)UConn
Southeast Missouri St at (FBS)Iowa St.
Norfolk St. at (FBS)Marshall
Bethune-Cookman at (FBS)Miami (FL)
Nicholls at (FBS)South Alabama
Morgan St. at (FBS)Georgia Southern
Elon at (FBS)Vanderbilt

William & Mary Beat (FCS) Charlotte 41-24
Eastern Ky. at (FBS) Eastern Mich. (8 Point Game)
Tennessee Tech at (FBS)Kansas (Blowout)
Idaho State at (FBS)UNLV (Blowout)
Eastern Ill. at (FBS)Northern Illinois (7 Point Game)

Little to no chance
#23 Mercer at (FBS)Auburn
Albany at (FBS)Baylor
Colgate at (FBS)Stanford
Murray St. at (FBS)Texas Tech
Illinois St. at (FBS)Wisconsin

Saint Francis (PA) at (FBS) Akron (NOPE but OT game)
Bryant at (FBS)Florida International (NOPE But 1 point OT game)
Long Island U at (FBS)Toledo (Blowout)
South Carolina St. at (FBS)U of Central Florida (Blowout)

Alabama A&M at (FBS)UAB (Blowout)

I think Davis can beat Cal. I also think Delaware can beat Navy. But why the FTC or cats suck in every one of these polls? Is that different than the esg chant that breaks out randomly? Who lives in whose head rent free?

indian-outlaw said:
I think Davis can beat Cal. I also think Delaware can beat Navy. But why the FTC or cats suck in every one of these polls? Is that different than the esg chant that breaks out randomly? Who lives in whose head rent free?

Its just having fun.....

Paytonlives said:
indian-outlaw said:

Its just having fun.....
Of course, it's all good. I just wished the griz were playing a low level pac 12 or mountain west team again this year. That Washington game last year was one of my favorite griz moments of all time

indian-outlaw said:
Paytonlives said:
Its just having fun.....
Of course, it's all good. I just wished the griz were playing a low level pac 12 or mountain west team again this year. That Washington game last year was one of my favorite griz moments of all time

Agree!

I would have picked Maine over New Mexico but everybody knows New Mexico isn't even a good FCS team. New Mexico should be relegated to division 2

indian-outlaw said:

Huge difference between weddings and a fan forum. If you don’t think the scats suck, don’t vote for it.

New Mexico has pretty much sucked for a long time. They’re hanging their hat on the defense this year, but that talent sounds a bit thin. They looked great in practice against the O, but that offense is inexperienced and made a ton of mistakes. Conversely Maine returns a bunch of starters on both side of the ball. They have a good, veteran QB and (they say) a very deep group of wide receivers. The defense has been able to reload to fill the few spots they lost. The only downside is that they have a new Head Coach, but he does have a decade of experience at the FCS. level. Going with the Black Bears.

Decided to role the dice with Richmond at least having a chance at Virginia. The Spiders return a lot of starters from a team that finished last season with a four-game winning streak. Virginia lost a lot of starters on both offense and defense … and the D was piss-poor last year.. They’re talking up the replacements, but it still sounds pretty spotty to me. Even now, they’re not sure what positions some of their best athletes will end up playing.

Last but not least: Not impressed by what I’m hearing out of Cal Bears camp … on offense or defense. I think UC-Davis could actually be the better team, at least at the starting level. If it’s hot – and will almost certainly be hot – depth could be a problem.

FWIW: If North Dakota prospects sound better, I’d consider picking them over Nebraska. I know the ‘Huskers completely revamped their coaching staff (under duress), and that may help. But I’m not convinced that Frost is “the guy” there. Still, I’m also not convinced that UND has to horses to win.

alabamagrizzly said:
indian-outlaw said:

Huge difference between weddings and a fan forum. If you don’t think the scats suck, don’t vote for it.
Oh okay...

Back