• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

With rap career paused, QB Lucas Johnson looks at Griz offense

mthoopsfan

"“Luc J.” is the rap moniker for Johnson, who is in Missoula competing for the Grizzlies' starting quarterback job. He’s released three singles on Spotify and has tried to convince coach Bobby Hauck to play his songs during the portions of preseason practices in which music is blaring.

I think it’s been going really good. I think we’re a lot further along now than we were in the spring at the same time. I think it’s gone really well. I think everybody’s starting to gel together, starting to get really competitive and I think it’s looking good.”

Johnson ended up leaving Georgia Tech and returned closer to home to play at San Diego State. He started 12 games and played in 32 as a quarterback at those schools, with nine starts and a bowl victory coming in 2021.

Johnson wasn’t always a quarterback. He got into flag football at 5 years old as a running back because he wanted to be like his father, Lucas “Jackie” Johnson, who played in the Big Ten at Illinois and later played in the NFL with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Cleveland Browns.

“I thought it was good competition in the spring,” Hauck said. “Lucas was a little ahead coming out of spring practice, so that’s where it sits.”

Johnson has been primarily battling for the starting job with Kris Brown, who is also getting some first-team reps."

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/with-rap-career-paused-qb-lucas-johnson-looks-to-hit-right-notes-with-griz-offense/article_0656315c-4f8c-5e94-b902-38effa8d8426.html

Back