• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

DOLA

MikeyGriz

How will we define whether the Griz have DOLA this year or not? Is there a quantifiable way to measure it, or is this a personal opinion? Is it QB sacks allowed, rushing yards/game, passing yards/game, Time of Possesion, wins/losses, health of QB's, RB's, WR's, something intangible?

I'd really like to know your views on this so we can judge their success.

MikeyGriz said:
How will we define whether the Griz have DOLA this year or not? Is there a quantifiable way to measure it, or is this a personal opinion? Is it QB sacks allowed, rushing yards/game, passing yards/game, Time of Possesion, wins/losses, health of QB's, RB's, WR's, something intangible?

6-8 pancake blocks a game. Lead the BSC in rushing and rushing TDs. Top 15-20% in the nation in 3rd down conversion and red zone offense. 15 or fewer sacks, and top 10% in the nation in TFL allowed. National semi-finals, 2-3 All BSC picks, and All American recognition for our best Lineman. The way it used to be when the Griz last had DOLA.

SoldierGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

6-8 pancake blocks a game. Lead the BSC in rushing and rushing TDs. Top 15-20% in the nation in 3rd down conversion and red zone offense. 15 or fewer sacks, and top 10% in the nation in TFL allowed. National semi-finals, 2-3 All BSC picks, and All American recognition for our best Lineman. The way it used to be when the Griz last had DOLA.

I like this. And the Griz have fallen way short of it for several years. I don’t even like the term being thrown around until we see dominance again.

SoldierGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

In 2019, they had some nice outings, and we were at the top of the BCS in rushing and rushing TDs, and in top percentages on 3rd down conversions and red zone offense. . .for sure. I think there was actually a time that no one was better. When you have play makers, the O-Line looks a lot better. It appears, we have many potential play makers this year (some great ones returning), so that may help. I think one of the best lines we have had, technically, in years was the 2021 O-Line. Unfortunately, they just did not have much to show for it with the lack of play making. It does appear a couple transfers may add nicely to this year's O-Line. We really need them to step it up. Football is still won in the trenches, no matter how you slice it. Kind of getting tired of many people saying it has been so long since we have had dominant O-Line production. If you look closely, they were pretty darn good. ..when the playmakers were doing their part. . .in 2019 and 2021. Bottom Line, when we win games and go farther in the playoffs, we will be talking about the return of DOLA. I do feel that nothing short of a National Championship will be what it takes to get many people to believe DOLA is back. My opinion. And. . .you know what? . . .that is ok.

DOLA is not measured by metrics. It’s an attitude, a mind set, and a physical presence. Your line must be feared and respected by the opposition. I think of Conan the Barbarian when I think of DOLA.

SoldierGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

6-8 pancake blocks a game. Lead the BSC (or their own conference) in rushing and rushing TDs. Top 15-20% in the nation in 3rd down conversion and red zone offense. 15 or fewer sacks, and top 10% in the nation in TFL allowed. National semi-finals, 2-3 All BSC picks, and All American recognition for our best Lineman. The way it used to be when the Griz last had DOLA.
No team in the FCS was able to do this last season.

alabamagrizzly said:
DOLA is not measured by metrics. It’s an attitude, a mind set, and a physical presence. Your line must be feared and respected by the opposition. I think of Conan the Barbarian when I think of DOLA.
I think of J.D. Quinn.

kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I think of J.D. Quinn.

Me too.

A well timed personal foul for ripping d-lineman's helmet off is always welcome.

Well timed as in the Griz are up by 30 with 5 minutes to play.

:)

alabamagrizzly said:
Or Conan the Destroyer ?

Back