• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

peak bobcat

Bozo JrCollegeofAG

It’s obvious the Griz really are RTD based on many factors: the simple eye test, all-American accolades, being #2 nationally in the polls, picked to win the Big Sky etc… etc…

My question is about the bobcats. Did they peak in 2019 or last year?

I think they are on a downward spiral. Things fell into place for them by pure luck last year, but doubtful they will have anything like that happen again for many years.

I really believe the bobcats take a big step back this year with all of their high caliber player losses. Anderson, McCutcheon and Hardy are big shoes to replace along with the O-line losses. That said, they do have the young QB and stud RB which will keep them competitive. I just don't see them easily replacing some of their most talented players at MLB, WR and DE in recent years.

The best part about EGRIZ… I get two sites to view bobcat talk on. Thanks for yet another bobcat thread on BCN 2.0 😃!

I’m excited for the Cats this year… we thought the same thing would happen following the 2019 season especially regarding our defense. Things worked out in 2021. Excited for 2022.

I don’t know that the bobcats really take a step back. They had a magical playoff run last year. The final spot will seem like a letdown, but they still have a very good team that finishes about where they should have last year.

CatsRback said:
The best part about EGRIZ… I get two sites to view bobcat talk on. Thanks for yet another bobcat thread on BCN 2.0 😃!

I’m excited for the Cats this year… we thought the same thing would happen following the 2019 season especially regarding our defense. Things worked out in 2021. Excited for 2022.

I got to agree with you CatsRBack I literally NEVER want to see a Bobcat thread here until it's Griz Cat week. Until then they might as well be an NAIA team in Nebraska.

CatsRback said:

Have you seen kitty nation? Pages upon pages of Bobby and Robbie talk. There is plenty of Cats talk over here but I don’t think it compared to the amount of Griz chatter on yours. It’s almost every single thread breaks into some anti Griz, Gris, Robbie, and Bobby talk. Fascinating really.

As for cats, I think they’ll be good and probably finish a top 10 team. Their O line is young and new and that may give them fits. But Tommy is pretty legit and IF Ifanse gets healthy they’ll be tough. If Ifanse doesn’t heal up, it could be a tough year as far as their dominant run game they want to establish.

HookedonGriz said:
CatsRback said:

Have you seen kitty nation? Pages upon pages of Bobby and Robbie talk. There is plenty of Cats talk over here but I don’t think it compared to the amount of Griz chatter on yours. It’s almost every single thread breaks into some anti Griz, Gris, Robbie, and Bobby talk. Fascinating really.

As for cats, I think they’ll be good and probably finish a top 10 team. Their O line is young and new and that may give them fits. But Tommy is pretty legit and IF Ifanse gets healthy they’ll be tough. If Ifanse doesn’t heal up, it could be a tough year as far as their dominant run game they want to establish.

That Andersen thread is pretty long… 31 pages?

Young O-line? For sure… we will have to see, sometimes people step up, sometimes age shows. Can only assume. Defense will be great again. As good? Possibly not… but DB’s look sharp along with LB’s and DL. Tommy is a year older and we got a great RB transfer who will do a fine job carrying the load as well as Sumner back there. Our new Slot, Thomas, from Kentucky is going to make waves in the conference.

Edit: don’t misspell your own name if you don’t want us to laugh. Your tennis team or whoever served that up quite literally 🤣. What do you want us to do? Pretend it’s not funny?

CatsRback said:
HookedonGriz said:

Edit: don’t misspell your own name if you don’t want us to laugh. Your tennis team or whoever served that up quite literally 🤣. What do you want us to do? Pretend it’s not funny?

Well, let’s see. Choose one for funny:

1. An international tennis player makes a backwards Z in the snow messing around; OR

2. A HC of an actual FB team intentionally ran the most ridiculously hilarious play in the history of modern college FB, in the NC game, on the first drive, on 4th and 2, and people who wouldn’t otherwise know the game was being played pounced on it for being absurd.

#2, among myriad other things through the years, make the Bobcats the Kings of Hilarity.

Please, for the love of God, quit posting about the bobshat blowzmen. It's unnecessary and all it does is feed the shat trolls... and it is quite ridiculous how much they are talked about. No one gives a f about that program.. just don't... really, it's not hard.

CDAGRIZ said:
CatsRback said:

1. An international tennis player makes a backwards Z in the snow messing around; OR

2. A HC of an actual FB team intentionally ran the most ridiculously hilarious play in the history of modern college FB, in the NC game, on the first drive, on 4th and 2, and people who wouldn’t otherwise know the game was being played pounced on it for being absurd.

#2, among myriad other things through the years, make the Bobcats the Kings of Hilarity.

Do you feel better?

CatsRback said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Do you feel better?

Never.

CatsRback said:

For what it’s worth, scats is worse then Gris. Scats literally means shit. Gris is just an accident by a European student. I think the scats are just finally happy they have a name to call us back. My fav, because I made it up😁, is Bob-on-the-knob-cats although it’s probably a little offensive to the female poster.

alabamagrizzly said:
CatsRback said:

For what it’s worth, scats is worse then Gris. Scats literally means shit. Gris is just an accident by a European student. I think the scats are just finally happy they have a name to call us back. My fav, because I made it up😁, is Bob-on-the-knob-cats although it’s probably a little offensive to the female poster.

I personally like Fizz…that’s always a good one! But Gris is catchy, and ironic!

HookedonGriz said:
CatsRback said:

Really, I follow both BN and EGRIZ and have not seen pages on pages of Griz talk on there at all. I see much more whole threads about the Cats here on EGRIZ. Just my observation.

Also, yes I agree the Cats will be good. I think even if Ifanse is injured they will still be ok, They brought in some good RBs and them with Tommy M will be fine. Also, Taco Dowler is going to be a factor on offense . The kid is really good beyond his years.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Really, I follow both BN and EGRIZ and have not seen pages on pages of Griz talk on there at all. I see much more whole threads about the Cats here on EGRIZ. Just my observation.

Also, yes I agree the Cats will be good. I think even if Ifanse is injured they will still be ok, They brought in some good RBs and them with Tommy M will be fine. Also, Taco Dowler is going to be a factor on offense . The kid is really good beyond his years.

Well the majority of your biggest thread…. fall camp thread …..is dedicated to Bobby and Robbie.

And to be fair we don’t have a “college athletics” section here like you guys do….which is absolutely littered with all things Griz. Otherwise I’m guessing most cat talk would go into a section like that. And most threads about the bobcats are started by some of your trolls like WestCoastfan (Who has perfect initials for his first and last name 😂)

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

Well the majority of your biggest thread…. fall camp thread …..is dedicated to Bobby and Robbie.

And to be fair we don’t have a “college athletics” section here like you guys do….which is absolutely littered with all things Griz. Otherwise I’m guessing most cat talk would go into a section like that. And most threads about the bobcats are started by some of your trolls like WestCoastfan (Who has perfect initials for his first and last name 😂)

The thread in which you refer was extended by your many posts about Ryan Ortt. Otherwise there has been hardly a thread as about the Griz. On EGRIZ there have been multiple threads about the Cats. That has been my observation. Also, only very recently were Cat threads started by Westcoast. Previously over the last few months they were started by Griz fans.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:

There aren’t threads about the Griz on your board because your mods delete them lmao it has nothing to do with the self control of your posters there.

Back