• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Transfer Game

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Was listening to Riley’s latest Inside the Den podcast and he was talking a bit about transfers. It got me thinking, has anyone hit more homeruns than Hauck and his staff in terms of transfers they’ve brought in. Think about this:

- Justin Ford
- Patrick O’Connell
- Hunter Mayginnes
- Dylan Cook
- Dalton Sneed
- Cam Humphrey
- Gavin Robertson
- Reid Miller
- AJ Forbes
- Marcus Knight
- Omar Hicks Onu
- Trajon Cotton
- Junior Bergen (in a way)
- Isiah Childs
- Deari Todd

Who is the next stud transfer?
- Garrett Heustedt?
- Jayden Dawson?
- Lucas Johnson?
- AJ Abbott?
- Ver Strate?
- Cooper Barnum?
- Chris Walker?

Hauck and company have killed it in the transfer market when you look at that top list.

You forgot Belknap, Babros, Hauck, Pillans, Mallory, Ryder Rice and Eli Alford (AF Prep)

Add Raconelli, Travillion, Van dear Strate, Wagener & Whitehead to the “Who’s Next” listing…

Misses:
Hill
Rygol
Patterson
The other MayGinnes brother

Not too shabby.

AZGrizFan said:
You forgot Belknap, Babros, Hauck, Pillans, Mallory, Ryder Rice and Eli Alford (AF Prep)

Add Raconelli, Travillion, Van dear Strate, Wagener & Whitehead to the “Who’s Next” listing…

Misses:
Hill
Rygol
Patterson

Not too shabby.

Great additions AZ I was literally going off the top of my head, but yes some of those dudes were absolute home runs too

AZGrizFan said:

Misses:
Hill
Rygol
Patterson

Not too shabby.

Didn't the MayGinnes bro have a health issue? If so, I wouldn't consider it a miss.

PhxGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Misses:
Hill
Rygol
Patterson

Not too shabby.

Didn't the MayGinnes bro have a health issue? If so, I wouldn't consider it a miss.

yes, he did, and I hesitated putting him on that list for that reason, and also for the fact that he never really was even ON the team.... :(

Pretty impressive use of the transfer system. I hope we continue to use the rules to our advantage as much as possible. I'll tell you what: I sure wish there was a transfer portal in 8U softball. I have a couple players I'd like to cut and bring in some talent. Looking at you, Avery. Stop swinging at everything.

Awesome.
I'm glad Hauck is adapting/excelling and not dying in the new realities of the transfer game.
Here is a quote from Skyline Sports: “I think that Division I college football has evolved into, you don’t plan for the future, you plan for this August,” Hauck said Monday. “That’s the way it’s got to be approached. … There’s certain aspects of any activity or job that you may not really embrace, but if it’s integral to the success, you’d better be good at it. I think we’re good at the recruiting piece and I think we’re good at putting a team together.”

AZGrizFan said:
PhxGriz said:

yes, he did, and I hesitated putting him on that list for that reason, and also for the fact that he never really was even ON the team.... :(

It's okay Z. Your list was really good. I forgive you. :D

PhxGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

It's okay Z. Your list was really good. I forgive you. :D

:lol: :lol: :oops:

HookedonGriz said:
Was listening to Riley’s latest Inside the Den podcast and he was talking a bit about transfers. It got me thinking, has anyone hit more homeruns than Hauck and his staff in terms of transfers they’ve brought in. Think about this:

- Justin Ford
- Patrick O’Connell
- Hunter Mayginnes
- Dylan Cook
- Dalton Sneed
- Cam Humphrey
- Gavin Robertson
- Reid Miller
- AJ Forbes
- Marcus Knight
- Omar Hicks Onu
- Trajon Cotton
- Isiah Childs
- Deari Todd

- Garrett Heustedt?
- Jayden Dawson?
- Lucas Johnson?
- AJ Abbott?
- Ver Strate?
- Cooper Barnum?
- Chris Walker?

Hauck and company have killed it in the transfer market when you look at that top list.

Looks like litigation u. Is turning into another last chance u., .

Bozo JrCollegeofAG said:
Awesome.
I'm glad Hauck is adapting/excelling and not dying in the new realities of the transfer game.
Here is a quote from Skyline Sports: “I think that Division I college football has evolved into, you don’t plan for the future, you plan for this August,” Hauck said Monday. “That’s the way it’s got to be approached. … There’s certain aspects of any activity or job that you may not really embrace, but if it’s integral to the success, you’d better be good at it. I think we’re good at the recruiting piece and I think we’re good at putting a team together.”

credit where credit is due

Cowboys84 said:
HookedonGriz said:

- Justin Ford
- Patrick O’Connell
- Hunter Mayginnes
- Dylan Cook
- Dalton Sneed
- Cam Humphrey
- Gavin Robertson
- Reid Miller
- AJ Forbes
- Marcus Knight
- Omar Hicks Onu
- Trajon Cotton
- Isiah Childs
- Deari Todd

- Garrett Heustedt?
- Jayden Dawson?
- Lucas Johnson?
- AJ Abbott?
- Ver Strate?
- Cooper Barnum?
- Chris Walker?

And yet not one single player on that list has ever gotten in any kind of trouble. Unlike your school who has players busted for PEDs and suspended as we speak.

Cowboys84 said:
HookedonGriz said:

- Justin Ford
- Patrick O’Connell
- Hunter Mayginnes
- Dylan Cook
- Dalton Sneed
- Cam Humphrey
- Gavin Robertson
- Reid Miller
- AJ Forbes
- Marcus Knight
- Omar Hicks Onu
- Trajon Cotton
- Isiah Childs
- Deari Todd

- Garrett Heustedt?
- Jayden Dawson?
- Lucas Johnson?
- AJ Abbott?
- Ver Strate?
- Cooper Barnum?
- Chris Walker?

22 people in 4 years, on a team that has 100+ players on it. Hardly.

HookedonGriz said:
Cowboys84 said:

And yet not one single player on that list has ever gotten in any kind of trouble. Unlike your school who has players busted for PEDs and suspended as we speak.
[/material.

Name one player who is currently suspended from ndsu for a failed drug test or admit to lying.

I will say we have one thing in common, both our favorite college sports teams play in north dakota, your Alma mater for you, and the NDSU BISON for this guy.

Sleep tight karen.

AZGrizFan said:
Cowboys84 said:

Vandal, by going off karen/hookedongriz and your list combined during the hauk regime there is roughly 35 players who transfered in the last 4 years, that is alot.

"Vandalup"... btw tell coach eck hi the next time you see him.

Cowboys84 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Vandal, by going off karen/hookedongriz and your list combined during the hauk regime there is roughly 35 players who transfered in the last 4 years, that is alot.

"Vandalup"... btw tell coach eck hi the next time you see him.

Whatever it takes to rebuild a dynasty. Gotta work with the tools your given. Averaging an unheard of by Montana standards 6.3 wins over a 3 year stretch to #2 in the country in a short 3+ years. I’d say Hauck knows how to build a team. Only thing left to do is knock off the champs. That should be accomplished early ‘23.

Back