• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Con fantasy football league

alabamagrizzly

So I’ve become interested in trying to start up an EGriz Big Sky Con Fantasy Football League made up of BSC rosters but I believe there are many hurdles to complete it. It most likely wouldn’t be able to happen this year but I think, with a lot of help, it’s something that can be done next year. It would consist of at most 10 league members due to the amount of teams in the con. If there’s a lot of interest, obviously we could have two or more different leagues. This is the list I would need help with.

Hurdle #1) How many eGrizzers would be interested? Obviously this is the most important. If there’s only five people that would want to participate then there’s no point in the rest of this.

Hurdle #2) Is there any type of generic fantasy football app that the league could be set up in and run through? I searched and tried to find some but came up empty handed. This isn’t a deal breaker although it’s the biggest hurdle. I’d be willing to compile all the points and manage the league old school style myself. At least one of them anyway. If we had enough teams for multiple leagues, hopefully someone would step up to run the others.

Hurdle #3) Compiling rosters. I’d also be willing to do this and post a basic breakdown of each team with a “depth chart” but obviously I’m no pro and probably a lot would be left up to speculation. I’m not sure if I’d attempt to do position rankings across the league though because that would be a tuffer task to handle, sometimes comparing apples to oranges. I could give it a try but would probably need and appreciate some outside advice for that.

Hurdle #4) Conducting the draft. If a website can’t be be found where rosters can be uploaded to for assisting the running of the league, then a draft will have to be conducted through either a group chat or video. I’m not going to assume that everyone has the ability or knowledge to do this so some may have to be coached up or assisted for the draft but through technology I’m sure it can be worked out. We may have to exclude a time limit which is not a big deal. I’d just keep track of everyone’s selections.

Hurdle #5) Determining league rules, roster size, points, and any other guidelines that need to be set. I think it’d be best to keep the rosters at a minimum. For one, having a 2nd QB on a roster is pointless since most of em will be backups that never see the field. Points would have to be somewhat simplified also if one person is responsible for tracking the stats. Any rules and guidelines obviously would be decided on group discussion though and probably a vote on any differing opinions.

I hope there’s people interested in this because I’ve got myself excited about attempting it. I think it’ll be a lot of fun except when you have to hope your Sac St RB has a good game against The Griz😁. Hope to hear some feedback.

EverettGriz said:
I’d be interested.

But those are mighty high hurdles to overcome in my mind.

When it comes to fantasy football, I’m addicted and can be stubborn in making sure something’s accomplished. In the end, all I really need is willing participants.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
Who normally runs the big sky pick ‘em game on here? There’s at least 1 big sky team playing this weekend on week 0 right?

I believe it is get 'em griz

Back