• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz VB Takes Down Cats

HookedonGriz

DONOR
I know it’s a football forum but FTC all day. Griz take them down in front of 6k in Bozeman in 4 sets. Their team is pretty legit this year and undefeated in conference

Hell of a win by the Griz to pick up the first brawl point of the year. I watched the entire match and we got steam rolled in the first set, and it was ugly in the second set for a while, but they rallied to win it, and then from there the avalanche was on! We put it in cruise control, buried them, and never looked back. Great job ladies! Go Griz!

Griz til I die said:
Hell of a win by the Griz to pick up the first brawl point of the year. I watched the entire match and we got steam rolled in the first set, and it was ugly in the second set for a while, but they rallied to win it, and then from there the avalanche was on! We put it in cruise control, buried them, and never looked back. Great job ladies! Go Griz!

That’s the way this team has played most of the year. 2 or 3 times this year they’ve lost the first two sets and then stormed back sweeping the final 3 to win the match. I’ve watched several of their matches this year and they’re legit good to win the con, which is something that we haven’t been able to say about Griz volleyball in a long time.

HookedonGriz said:
I know it’s a football forum but FTC all day. Griz take them down in front of 6k in Bozeman in 4 sets. Their team is pretty legit this year and undefeated in conference

6,000 people at a big sky volleyball match?

Griz2k said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yea they held it in the Brick (instead of Schroyer) and sold $5 tickets and promoted it as a chance to break the big sky record. It made it more glorious kicking their ass in front of 6400

HookedonGriz said:
Griz2k said:

Yea they held it in the Brick (instead of Schroyer) and sold $5 tickets and promoted it as a chance to break the big sky record. It made it more glorious kicking their ass in front of 6400

They also have away tickets to anyone who wanted them during the first week of classes.

Like alabamagrizzly I've watched every game but those that weren't streamed... and I agree, they're playing at a high level right now (next week's going to be a tough road trip). I've noticed three major developments with this team:
1. -- Back line defense has made significant strides. They're ranked 2nd in the Big Sky in digs & if they can get a decent dig/return to setter Carly Anderson, she's outstanding at delivering good sets for the front line attack.
2. -- Huge improvements in serving. Montana isn't an aggressive serving team, but five starters and two subs are really good, consistent servers.
3. -- The coaches have done a great job early in games adjusting the team lineup to counter the opponent's attack. In several wins, Montana has come from behind (down 0-1 or 0-2) with adjustments that have reversed the flow of sets or the complete game. Down 0-1 to the cats (Griz lost the first set 25-18) Montana made second-set adjustments that reversed the entire flow of the game over the final 3 sets.
The Big Sky is one of the top 3 mid major conferences and winning it won't be easy. But I think Montana has a solid shot to finish in the top four with decent seeding for the post-season tourney.

Cool to see recognition for this team in the fb forum. Go Griz.

Latest posts

Back