• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post game analysis

What the hell happened to the offense? Most definitely a premature thought but I'm getting flashbacks to last year how our offensive consistency lost us the Playoff game.

My initial take is that the Griz had an off day. Mistakes, miscues, TURNOVERS, bad reads, it was just a bad day. The game should have been put away multiple times, but the Griz shot themselves in the foot. It all comes down to execution, and there was an execution break down today. I have a feeling there is gonna be a lot of M running…

This doesn’t happen in a vacuum, though. ISU came in fired up with an excellent game plan and kept fighting. They fought HARD and didn’t give up. Credit to that staff for attacking the way they did. The 3rd stringer QB they have payed out of his mind.

I hope this is a lesson for the team. They may have been reading their hype because they came out throwing pillows for a while. If you don’t execute and put away who you are playing, then teams can hang around and steal a win. I hope it renews their focus. ISU had no business hanging around the way they did.

That being said, 5-0 isn’t too shabby. Gotta keep it up though.

Good time for a bye week. That happy horseshit isn’t going to get it done in at least 3 of our remaining games.

Ut-Grizfan said:
What the hell happened to the offense? Most definitely a premature thought but I'm getting flashbacks to last year how our offensive consistency lost us the Playoff game.

ISU front 7

I thought our tackling was horrid! Johnson had his worst game and missed many an open receiver. Nice to see Knight run well.

Griz1 said:
I thought our tackling was horrid! Johnson had his worst game and missed many an open receiver. Nice to see Knight run well.

14 carries 109 yards and a TD. 7 yards a carry... nice day for Knight.

The giddy expectations early on tempered a bit. The meat of our schedule looms larger, especially on the road We maybe facing the number one FCS team on October 22!

Deer in the headlights game. They happen, especially in that shithole. Flush it twice to make sure it reaches bozeman and move on. Everything is fine.

Good teams find ways to win when they are not playing their best or are emotionally flat. It's a good week to have an off day. A buy week and this team will be right back to it's dominant self for the rest of the conference schedule. Give the ISU athletes some credit. They came to play.

indian-outlaw said:
Good teams find ways to win when they are not playing their best or are emotionally flat. It's a good week to have an off day. A buy week and this team will be right back to it's dominant self for the rest of the conference schedule. Give the ISU athletes some credit. They came to play.

Good post. My sentiment exactly.

Back