• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz d

behappp

DONOR
Wasn't able to watch today (in Canada)

Been reading the game thread and know how ugly it was.

I know LJ messed up but I am interested in how the d played since it seems the o put them in bad positions. Was it rushing d or passing d or both?

Details please

Defense mostly played pretty damn good. Offense gave them short fields too often and they gave up 6 points until the last two drives. Cotton getting booted on like the third play sure as hell didn’t help. Had trouble getting pressure and made some mistakes. If the offense had pretended like they’d been there before on 2-3 drives this final is 42/49-20 and no one is all that grumpy. Good game to play like shut because we got away with it.

behappp said:

I know LJ messed up but I am interested in how the d played since it seems the o put them in bad positions. Was it rushing d or passing d or both?

Details please

It’s the same kryptonite as the last several seasons. Teams with a quick release accurate QB can attack the seams and expose our safeties. Live by the blitz and die by the blitz. When the rush didn’t get home they exposed our safeties who got burned several times pretty good. Run defense also didn’t play particularly well today. Bad angles at times as well as some key missed tackles

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
behappp said:

Details please

It’s the same kryptonite as the last several seasons. Teams with a quick release accurate QB can attack the seams and expose our safeties. Live by the blitz and die by the blitz. When the rush didn’t get home they exposed our safeties who got burned several times pretty good. Run defense also didn’t play particularly well today. Bad angles at times as well as some key missed tackles

Perfectly said

The defense was on the field way too much and resorted in some big plays for ISU. Before they got tired, they were doing awesome, as usual. Our offense, as usual, is sus.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
behappp said:

Details please

Run D gave up only 121 yards, for 3.2 per carry. 2 runners had longs of 26 yards.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
behappp said:

Details please

Bingo!!!

Honest question: Is there a defensive scheme out there that can defend successfully against a quick release QB who’s accurate?

AZGrizFan said:
Honest question: Is there a defensive scheme out there that can defend successfully against a quick release QB who’s accurate?

These teams play count is usually approaching 90 plays a game...they eventually make mistakes and generate turnovers...batted balls...tip drill etc. Have watched it for years.

Defensive linemen have to get their hands into the windows.

Jayden Dawson had an amazing opportunity to show off why his talents were wasted in a Bengals uniform, instead he shit down his leg in Pocatello. Then you consider ISU making miraculous plays that they won’t make again all year. The fumble on the 1 yard line going in for a touchdown was a huge let down for the Griz. We need some physical rest and some work on mental toughness during the bye week. No one is happy about the performance by our team, but look at Georgia last 2 weeks and they still managed a WIN. We will have a nice reset to get ready for Idaho. The Griz will be just fine!

AZGrizFan said:
Jay Hill’s Weber State defense will give you that all day long. You are not getting huge plays, and you will not run the ball with a lot of success against 4 down lineman. And “if” you get to the red zone, you are kicking, not scoring touchdowns.

Richard Cranium said:
Jayden Dawson had an amazing opportunity to show off why his talents were wasted in a Bengals uniform, instead he shit down his leg in Pocatello. Then you consider ISU making miraculous plays that they won’t make again all year. The fumble on the 1 yard line going in for a touchdown was a huge let down for the Griz. We need some physical rest and some work on mental toughness during the bye week. No one is happy about the performance by our team, but look at Georgia last 2 weeks and they still managed a WIN. We will have a nice reset to get ready for Idaho. The Griz will be just fine!

Good job shitting on Dawson. I’m sure you would have the same take and criticism if it was some Montana boy from Great Falls. Take that crap somewhere else. You have no clue about this kid at all.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
behappp said:

Details please

...I said this earlier..Sac St QB is going to fry our safeties...its a weak spot in the D.scheme...QB that can release
the ball quickly will burn up the field and our safeties will be running around like headless chickens...it needs to
be address...maybe changing safeties (RH) in games like this would be smart move...

AZGrizFan said:

Zone blitz. Drop D-linemen into passing lanes. Remember the SFA playoff game in 2009? As I recall we got like 10 turnovers that game. It was either the zone blitz or closing Reds Bar the night before, or maybe some of both. 😉

Westcoastfan said:
Overrated

Griz D gave up no TD’s until the backups were in. Two TD’s in last 5 or so minutes of game. The Griz D is terrific. 2 starters were out. A third went out after a few plays. At this point of the season, the Cats wouldn’t be able to score a TD against the first team D.

grizghost said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

...I said this earlier..Sac St QB is going to fry our safeties...its a weak spot in the D.scheme...QB that can release
the ball quickly will burn up the field and our safeties will be running around like headless chickens...it needs to
be address...maybe changing safeties (RH) in games like this would be smart move...

As a free safety, Hauck often doesn’t have pass responsibility. His main job is to come up and tackle.

mthoopsfan said:
grizghost said:

As a free safety, Hauck often doesn’t have pass responsibility. His main job is to come up and tackle.

exactly...we will need a safety in these types of games with pass responsibility...thank you!

Back