• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good, Bad, Ugly - ISU

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Good:
- Griz put up 454 yards of offense and averaged 5.9 ypc
- knight had his best game since injury. Had 14 carries for 109 and a TD
- liked the double pass to Grossman for a TD. Good pass and catch and stayed in bounds
- Lucas Johnson can really throw well on the move. He’s awesome about getting out of the pocket and making the throw on the run.
- rohrback averaged 52 yards per punt
- ostmo ran the ball well, 14 carries for 84 yards (6 ypc)
- o line opened up some big running lanes throughout the game
- O’Connell was everywhere and had 10 tackles
- janacaro with 10 tackles as well

Bad:
- 3 turnovers, gotta take care of the ball
- the early targeting on Cotton ending his day
- Griz D caught sleeping twice on 4th and 1 QB sneaks
- Robby continues to get torched it seems every long pass play. We are very lucky some receivers dropped or QB overthrew

Ugly:
- the fumble at the pylon
- giving up 2 TDs with 5 mins left in game making it closer than necessary

Ugly, bad et. al. Running out of Rum in the 4th quarter...no excuse, bad execution! Gotta clean that shit up!

HookedonGriz said:
Good:
- liked the double pass to Grossman for a TD. Good pass and catch and stayed in bounds
- Lucas Johnson can really throw well on the move. He’s awesome about getting out of the pocket and making the throw on the run.

Bad:
- Robby continues to get torched it seems every long pass play. We are very lucky some receivers dropped or QB overthrew

Ugly:

Worst game of the year for the offense and you can only come up with TWO “ugly” comments? :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Good:

Bad:

Ugly:

Worst game of the year for the offense and you can only come up with TWO “ugly” comments? :lol:

Did you miss the part where our offense had 454 yards. LJ puts that ball in instead of giving up that turnover/touchback it's 35-6. We moved the ball at will, almost all day.

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Good:

Bad:

Ugly:

Their D held the Griz to fewer points than any of their 4 previous opponents...including no co. They are an 0-5 team and may not win a game this year. The cats will hang 50 on them next weekend. Yards don't win games.

On the other hand...seems the Griz have one of these wierd games every season sometimes ending as Ls. They won today. I'll take that. Wake up call.

I think this is the best thing that could have happened going into the bye week.

Gives the coaches plenty to talk about, maybe brings the guys back down to earth a bit + a chance to get everyone healthy for the meat of conference play coming up.

End of the day it wasn’t a loss and even though I would have preferred an @ss kicking I think we’re setup well for the long run

noted = At half, Idaho led 24-20 over No.Colorado - so Griz will get an inconsistent, beatable Vandal team in WaGriz next.
IMHO, the Griz offense showed improvements in the zone running game & RPO, but the turnovers really hurt.
Ugly- add OL Brown's injury (will we see him again, by Weber game?)

If ISU plays that way the rest of the year they will win some games!

ISU's offensive line was impressive. I don't think they had a holding call all day.They did have a bunch of false start penalties, but overall they played well. They also have some very good skill players. Once they get used to the new qb, I think they will surprise some people.

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Good:

Bad:

Ugly:

Oh there was plenty of ugly to go around…..just trying to differentiate between what was ugly vs what was bad. The game overall was ugly, all 3 phases.

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Oh there was plenty of ugly to go around…..just trying to differentiate between what was ugly vs what was bad. The game overall was ugly, all 3 phases.
Turnovers were the difference in this one. Like others have said, without those, this was the blowout we all expected.

The Good… Nick Ostmo and Marcus Knight, oh and they barely got out of Hilt with a win.

The bad… that celebration at the end. They celebrated that “win” the same way they played, like a dollar hooker on an off payday weekend.

The Ugly? Everything that happened between the time they left Missoula until the time they got back.

That was a pathetic, lackluster effort. If they drop in the rankings, they deserve it. Everyone else played like they were top 5 teams.

Head scratcher....since the Griz are having problems on 3rd and short and 4th and short...why not have Ostmo power run instead of the other RBs? Ostmo definitely showed up as the power back in the game.

fltheadgriz said:
Head scratcher....since the Griz are having problems on 3rd and short and 4th and short...why not have Ostmo power run instead of the other RBs? Ostmo definitely showed up as the power back in the game.

Could be that it's not a RB problem...

I don’t know which thread to pose this question, so I’ll ask here. Does Corbin walker have to sit any more for the targeting or will he be good to go for the Idaho game?

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I don’t know which thread to pose this question, so I’ll ask here. Does Corbin walker have to sit any more for the targeting or will he be good to go for the Idaho game?

Well it wasn’t Corbin Walker, it was Trayvon Cotton. Walker was out with an injury I believe. But to answer the question, I believe Cotton is good to go from the opening kickoff.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Well it wasn’t Corbin Walker, it was Trayvon Cotton. Walker was out with an injury I believe. But to answer the question, I believe Cotton is good to go from the opening kickoff.

:thumb:

Taking Johnson out after his GD fumble was right. Putting Brown in AND expecting him to pass was not. He's lucky he can hit the turf. Thank God for gravity.

3-7-77 said:
Taking Johnson out after his GD fumble was right. Putting Brown in AND expecting him to pass was not. He's lucky he can hit the turf. Thank God for gravity.

I lost any and all trust in him operating our offense a looooong time ago. Some dudes are practice players, some are gamers. He’s not a gamer. He missed a wide open Cole Grossman for a first down to end the game by 6-7 yards….and Grossman was only 6 yards away! He did the same thing last year to a wide open Akem at UNC. No one within 10 yards of Sammy, all alone in the end zone, and brown throws it 10 yards over his head…from the damn 10 yard line. And Sammy ends up tied for total TDs instead of breaking the record. We need gamers!

Back