• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Domes

fltheadgriz

Have you noticed that the weird plays seem to always happen in the domes at ISU and NAU?
The Griz coaching staff should go there one day early and have a session with the QB, receivers, and punt returners on how the depth perception is always different in a dome then outdoors.

A few years ago, the Griz lost at home to NAU at homecoming. It was a game where the Griz were favored to win.

What special thing should the coaches have done to avoid that particular disaster?

Note. ISU's dome is the only one where the roof gets shorter as you get closer to the end zones. All other football domes have the short sides of the dome over the bleachers.

grizpsych said:
Note. ISU's dome is the only one where the roof gets shorter as you get closer to the end zones. All other football domes have the short sides of the dome over the bleachers.

Note. The stadium the Griz played in has nothing to do with the way they played yesterday. Roof, no roof...maybe roofies...but, hope not.

What would happen on a punt if it were to hit the roof structure because Rohrbach’s couple punts were close, he hit the roof on warmups. Would they punt over or ?????

I don’t remember which dome it was, but I’m sure I saw a punter hit the roof in the last few years. I think the refs blew it dead and had ‘em kick it again. Anybody else remember that?

grizare#1 said:
What would happen on a punt if it were to hit the roof structure because Rohrbach’s couple punts were close, he hit the roof on warmups. Would they punt over or ?????

Happened a couple weeks ago in Texas. Hit one of the wide screens. Down was played over.

grizare#1 said:
I'm not 100% on this, but I think the ball would still be in play. No different than if the ball hit the 20 yard line. It's all within the field of play. Same thing often happens in volleyball. Although I have never actually seen it, I'm sure that it has happened. I'm sur that some punters try to do it. At least while practicing.

oldrunner said:
grizare#1 said:
I'm not 100% on this, but I think the ball would still be in play. No different than if the ball hit the 20 yard line. It's all within the field of play. Same thing often happens in volleyball. Although I have never actually seen it, I'm sure that it has happened. I'm sur that some punters try to do it. At least while practicing.
Pro rule is that it becomes a dead ball, and they have to re-kick (see item above). Not sure about college.

Back