• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GFP recording tonight - ISU recap, 1st half of the season chat

BWahlberg

DONOR
Get at us with your usual questions / comments / etc. With a bye week ahead of us we won't scout out Idaho just yet. Also for next week's GFP we're going to have Lucas Semb - the new FB beat writer - with us as well.

We've got quite a bit to cover after yesterday's game for sure!

We consistently show that we cannot pick up 3rd and short or 4th and short. Outside of a couple successes there, it’s almost always failure for us. Why in the hell do we not line up under center, go power or QB sneak. Why does the OC make it more difficult than it needs to be?

Would the completed indoor practice facility help mitigate any dome/arena transition issues that Coach Marty alluded to in the broadcast? Hats off to ISU they showed real heart and punched above their weight.

Brint, could you go back to predicting close games? You know, the old under-promise, over-deliver schtick? The ONE time you call for them to cover the spread… shame.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
Based on everything to date, what are your power rankings in the big sky for the top 4?

T1 - Montana
T1 - Sac St
T1 - Weber St
T1 - Kittens

HookedonGriz said:
We consistently show that we cannot pick up 3rd and short or 4th and short. Outside of a couple successes there, it’s almost always failure for us. Why in the hell do we not line up under center, go power or QB sneak. Why does the OC make it more difficult than it needs to be?

What could the problem be?

SoldierGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

I agree. Our OL needs to blow people off the line. But I have to think if you get under center and sneak or run power, it has to give you a better change at 1 yard than starting 3-4 yards behind center. A good QB sneak is almost impossible to stop. We never even try it.

HookedonGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

I agree. Our OL needs to blow people off the line. But I have to think if you get under center and sneak or run power, it has to give you a better change at 1 yard than starting 3-4 yards behind center. A good QB sneak is almost impossible to stop. We never even try it.

I agree...and hard to understand. They absolutely need to convert a higher percentage going forward. Those possessions will matter much more.

Edit: They are converting just over 40%. Significantly better than last year...but, now the schedule gets much harder...

James, you lead your FF opponent by one point, with only one game still being played. It’s the Niners, and they trail by two with :08 seconds left. Robbie Gould is lining up for a 49 yarder for the win. Only problem is, your FF opponent has Gould in his lineup. Are you rooting for him to make it or miss it?

Best brewery in Missoula? In Montana?

You get to blow up the damn mini dome/Holt Potato Shed. You can either push the ignition plunger or stand back and watch it get blown to smithereens, but not both. Which do you choose?

Why the bad juju in that place?

What if a punt were to hit the roof structure during the game. Rohrbach did hit it during warm ups after half

grizare#1 said:
What if a punt were to hit the roof structure during the game. Rohrbach did hit it during warm ups after half
Ground rule double, player on first moves to third.

Back