Montana Soccer 2020-21 Spring BSC Tourney Champs

Griz Softball, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball & More
DoubleNicks

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/4/16/socce ... vance.aspx

UM will advance to NCAAs because of Covid issues within NAU's program.

I'm a little disappointed not to get to see the championship match tomorrow and that NAU had the next best record/RPI? behind UM in the BSC, so great chance to bolster their own ranking plus get better from the competition. Then again, it seems that soccer, more so than a lot of sports, has a tendency to have more "upsets" since a single key moment/opportunity/mistake can change the outcome like the bad bounce that got by Howard yesterday to tie and send the game to OT.

Anyone in the know knows if this means Missoula will be hosting this Fall's season tourney? I thought they awarded the tourney hosting rights to the previous regular season's champs (which UM was in 2019 and won Northwest Division...so co-regular season champs...this year).
Last edited by DoubleNicks on Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DoubleNicks

For those that don't have Twitter:

Stoeger's Sudden Death OT goal against UNC

Stoeger's first goal

GrizLA

UM gets a good shot at the USC in North Carolina. I finally get a short drive to see UM take on a SEC team that is not playing at home (close)..I hope the UM locals, admittedly small, will turn out. We know USC will.
Ursa Major
eGriz Club

DoubleNicks wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:00 pm For those that don't have Twitter:

Stoeger's Sudden Death OT goal against UNC

Stoeger's first goal

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Post Like A Champion!
PlayerRep

Awesome. Congrats!
joneill74

:clap: this program is better and better by the year. Heard a rumor at club scene tonight that coach has been approached by some mountain west programs. Looks like Utah State is only opening. Would think he would turn that down as this program is only getting better here.
AZDoc

joneill74 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:41 pm :clap: this program is better and better by the year. Heard a rumor at club scene tonight that coach has been approached by some mountain west programs. Looks like Utah State is only opening. Would think he would turn that down as this program is only getting better here.
Let's hope so. I have a soccer daughter and she is in HS. Plan on her attending UM camps the next 2 summers.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers