• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Clint May resigns

maroonandsilver

DONOR
Clint May has resigned as Head Track & Field, and Cross-Country Coach. He will coach Cross-Country at Florence High. Seems very odd. Anyone have any particulars? Was he pushed out at UM? Was he in over his head? :?:

I’d definitely not guess he was pushed out since in his short couple of years here he was improving the team. I’d also not guess he was in over his head since it’s only the Big Sky Conference and everyone knows it’s NAU vs the field. He also knows what it takes to win a con title winning one at MSU in ‘93 as an athlete. If I had to guess, I’d say some of his four kids run for the startup Florence cross country team and he wants to be part of their running career while also having massive success while coaching Bozeman Highs team for over 10 years, winning many many state titles. I’m sure he figures he can probably get a coaching job in college down the road again if he chooses and it’s not like he has any ties to UofM.

Clint's salary was 65k at UM.
https://www.umt.edu/human-resources/payroll/docs/faculty-admin-contract-professionals-fy22-wages.pdf

The average High School Track Coach salary in Montana is $38880 as of May 27, 2022, but the salary range typically falls between $31270 and $52763.

I have no idea what he'll actually get paid at Florence, but even on the high end it looks like a pay decrease, although not as great as one might think. I agree that it's probably more family-related (he has 4 kids as mentioned) and he might care more about coaching/watching his kids than $ for the time-being, although supporting a family of 6 on 53k doesn't sound ideal.

Back