• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fatkin leaves Lady Griz

Shannon has wore out her welcome, had her chance to shine, burned bridges. Failed. Next season is a new chapter. Count on it.

Kent's on it.

HookedonGriz said:
Anyone know how Mayhue is doing since she left or was ran off

Here are her stats. Her team (UT Arlington) is 5 - 3 and Mayhue played in 4 games.

1.8 Points
0.5 Assists
0.5 Rebounds
0.0 Steals

Most minutes played in a game was 15 minutes. The most points she scored in a game is 4.

TrueGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Here are her stats. Her team (UT Arlington) is 5 - 3 and Mayhue played in 4 games.

1.8 Points
0.5 Assists
0.5 Rebounds
0.0 Steals

Most minutes played in a game was 15 minutes. The most points she scored in a game is 4.

Thanks for the info.

TrueGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

1.8 Points
0.5 Assists
0.5 Rebounds
0.0 Steals

Not exactly lightin' it up.......

Mousegriz said:
TrueGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

1.8 Points
0.5 Assists
0.5 Rebounds
0.0 Steals

No, but if you remember she had a very serious foot injury that could have ended her career. She did not play in the first 4 games, and I bet that may have been due to her recovery from the foot injury.
UT Arlington I would say is a better team than the Lady Griz. Played some pretty good teams competitively. Some with very good records, unlike the Lady Griz that seem to be competitive mostly with teams with records less than or equal to .500 winning percentage. Lady Griz have not beaten a division 1 team with a better than .500 winning percentage yet. And seemed to have a very hard time beating teams with losing records.

Mayhue is playing as a sophomore so it appears she did not have to sit out a year. I think she made the right move to transfer.

The problem with the Lady Griz is obvious. Coaching basketball is psychology as much as scheme. Only five players are on the floor at one time and you need a very engaged bench that understands their role. Everyone needs to buy in. The coaches ego and demeanor are key. Choosing senior players or leaders is critical and they take their lead from the coach. Some players never transition from player to coach effectively. That unfortunately appears to be what we have here. Dissension, defections and losing. Not a good recipe. Montana BBall players are great and work hard. Do you need out of state kids? Maybe, but that is the least of the problems to worry about at this juncture. The leadership is the problem. Period!!!

MTbest said:
I hope we fans can get a full and honest account why this talented high quality athlete, left the program, privacy aside we are owed this! Too many questions without answers about this team's management, patterns of players leaving the team, questionable game management, recruiting to include this coaches two daughters with scholarships seems at least ethically questionable. Sammy had lots of potential, (not to say she needed to work on her own game) a keeper, one to develop. Really enjoyed watching Sammy play, hope she gains that opportunity someplace better!

You won't get an honest account. The Media will not bite the hand that feeds them!!!

HookedonGriz said:

Awesome. I have watched her play several times. And she plays for a really good team. 5-3 - She is working her way in and she handles herself well. Played 15 minutes against Oregon.

Mousegriz said:
TrueGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

1.8 Points
0.5 Assists
0.5 Rebounds
0.0 Steals

she is playing with better players than at UM. I watched her play several times and she holds her own.

moneyball said:
Mousegriz said:
TrueGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

1.8 Points
0.5 Assists
0.5 Rebounds
0.0 Steals

she is playing with better players than at UM. I watched her play several times and she holds her own.

Mayhue has mostly recovered from her foot and had to deal with a different injury and an illness. She is on the mend. I know she will see a lot more playing time and her stats will improve as she heals up. I"m still sad she moved on but best of luck to her.
Fatkin in my perspective was a very solid player that could thrive in a structured program and I wish her the very best in her future. She is a good kid.
Concerning that a player would turn away from a full ride to a great school because of something or someone she could not deal with in the program.
From here on out I can only pray for no more injury or players leaving. We do have girls who are fun to watch and talented.

Honestly, I don't know how Shannon will keep her job after this year. I know there have been injuries but is she really showing growth and is on a path to getting the Lady Griz back to the level when she played?

grizd said:
Speltz said its strep throat. But the fact that everyone thinks it's Shannon is a problem.

I hope that is all it is. I'm kind of surprised that a reporter wrote a story, tweeted about it the night in advance and the story is well, she's out because of strep throat. Really?

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
grizd said:
Speltz said its strep throat. But the fact that everyone thinks it's Shannon is a problem.

I hope that is all it is. I'm kind of surprised that a reporter wrote a story, tweeted about it the night in advance and the story is well, she's out because of strep throat. Really?

Speltz doing that was idiotic, irresponsible, and assinine. He made it sound like the very worst.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
grizd said:

I think you misread the tweet. I read it as: "Sophia Stiles is not here. I don't know why. I will ask Shannon and then that detail will be included in my game story tomorrow."

Which is what happened. He didn't word the initial tweet right at all though because it did sound like, "I have a scoop, check out my story tomorrow about why she isn't here."

You can say what you want about the Missoulian (and most of what all of you say about the Missoulian is so entertainingly true), but Speltz isn't that guy. He definitely mis-worded that tweet but he's not Mr. inflammatory.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
grizd said:

I think you misread the tweet. I read it as: "Sophia Stiles is not here. I don't know why. I will ask Shannon and then that detail will be included in my game story tomorrow."

Which is what happened. He didn't word the initial tweet right at all though because it did sound like, "I have a scoop, check out my story tomorrow about why she isn't here."

You can say what you want about the Missoulian (and most of what all of you say about the Missoulian is so entertainingly true), but Speltz isn't that guy. He definitely mis-worded that tweet but he's not Mr. inflammatory.

Potatoe, tomatoe - I didn't read it like that. I know Speltz isn't that guy and he probably didn't do it on purpose, but it still comes across as....not great.

Back