• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pridgett

PlayerRep

He is obviously a terrific player. Most of you recognized his talent ahead of me.

This is what truly impresses me about him. He is a star who has the potential to score most any time. He is a senior who has played various roles in his 4 years, including a role as a top player and scorer.

This year he is a senior leader and primary scorer. He lost 4 terrific seniors from last year. He has 2 very good veteran returners, as well as a transfer (with bad knee) and true sophomore in the post. And 3 talented true frosh, as well as a good redshirt frosh. And great coaches.

I am truly amazed that he can consistently lead, help, encourage and make this team work together and go at a such a consistently high level. I didn't see the game tonight, but the stats tell the story. 10-14 shooting and 24 points. 11 rebounds. 9 assists (what, 9, from any position, let alone his, whatever it is). 3 TO. 3 steals.

How does any player, let alone a big scorer and team star, do all of this with his team. He isn't selfish. He seems to shoot and drive mostly when he should. He seems to hang back, direct and distribute to his team. He is a big rebounder. And the number of assists is just amazing. All this while often being double teamed, and occasionally triple teamed.

Pridgett must be a very smart person, and extremely smart basketball player. Because it's amazing how he does this.

Oh, did I forget to mention he's very athletic. I'm sure that helps a lot, but I wonder if what is in his head may actually be more valuable.

I don't know Pridgett, but I love how he interacts with his teammates, as well as people near the court and other fans and game staff, including the kids near the court.

I can't imagine Pridgett won't go very far in life, whatever he does. He's "got it" and much of it is in his head and personality.

DCH gets that oop and Pridgett completes the triple-double. I think he’d be the 4th player to do it
He’s one of the best players we’ve ever had—top 3 in my book

Spot on analysis. He has an innate sense of what his team needs and provides it. He's also learned and gotten better at it as the year has gone on. Any coach at any level would love to have a player like him. When he's done playing he could probably become an outstanding coach if he chooses, but as you say he has the smarts and the people skills to be successful at whatever he decides to do in his future.

Pridgett just misses triple-double, Griz roll Idaho State
https://skylinesportsmt.com/pridgett-just-misses-triple-double-griz-roll-idaho-state/

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1228932722703224832

We will have a feature on Pridgett the week of the Big Sky Tournament. He has impressed me this season as much as any player we've covered. To me, he's the certain MVP of the league.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
https://skylinesportsmt.com/pridgett-just-misses-triple-double-griz-roll-idaho-state/

We will have a feature on Pridgett the week of the Big Sky Tournament. He has impressed me this season as much as any player we've covered. To me, he's the certain MVP of the league.

I have to think Radebaugh will have a very strong case if NoCo can at least get a share of the Big Sky title.

DPGriz said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

I have to think Radebaugh will have a very strong case if NoCo can at least get a share of the Big Sky title.

On pure stats I don't disagree, but the way Pridgett has been an extra coach on the floor, played insane minutes and shepherded these new guys to leading the league I have to second Colter. He's been the maestro while playing in the band at the same time IMO.

Hoops watcher said:
DPGriz said:

On pure stats I don't disagree, but the way Pridgett has been an extra coach on the floor, played insane minutes and shepherded these new guys to leading the league I have to second Colter. He's been the maestro while playing in the band at the same time IMO.

Yeah, Pridgett is asked to do a ton, and has so he has a great case. I just don't think he's anything close to a runaway at this point. Sayeed's intangibles will go a long way if we win the BSky outright but I think the stats win out for Radebaugh if NoCo can get a share of title.

As a semi-related note, we've won five regular season titles in the past 8 years (4 outright) with two 2nd place finishes in there but only have one conference POY to show for all that success. I wouldn't be shocked if Sayeed joins the list of recent Griz to lead a very successful team without being rewarded as POY. I'd love to be wrong though!

DPGriz said:
Hoops watcher said:
DPGriz said:

Yeah, Pridgett is asked to do a ton, and has so he has a great case. I just don't think he's anything close to a runaway at this point. Sayeed's intangibles will go a long way if we win the BSky outright but I think the stats win out for Radebaugh if NoCo can get a share of title.

As a semi-related note, we've won five regular season titles in the past 8 years (4 outright) with two 2nd place finishes in there but only have one conference POY to show for all that success. I wouldn't be shocked if Sayeed joins the list of recent Griz to lead a very successful team without being rewarded as POY. I'd love to be wrong though!

I think it's Pridgett's POY! Sayeed leads Radebaugh in points and rebounds, and trails by 3 in assists to Radebaugh. IMO, it should be unanimous for Sayeed! However, as usual, the coaches will try to spurn him and also Travis for coach of the year. I don't understand how you feel Radebaugh's stats are better.

Good commentary - who belongs on the MT Rushmore of Griz Basketball ? Pridgett? MR Richardson and Krysko for sure.

garizzalies said:
DCH gets that oop and Pridgett completes the triple-double. I think he’d be the 4th player to do it
He’s one of the best players we’ve ever had—top 3 in my book

CAREER RECORDS
TOP-10 SCORING
1. .... Larry Krystkowiak (1982-86) ........ 2,017
2. .... M.R. Richardson (1974-78) .......... 1,827
3. .... Bob Cope (1946-50) .................... 1,810
4. .... Kareem Jamar (2011-14) ............. 1,673
5. .... Kevin Criswell (2002-06) .............. 1,663
6. .... Andrew Strait (2005-08) .............. 1,617
7. .... Wayne Tinkle (1985-89) .............. 1,500
8. .... Will Cherry (2010-13) .................. 1,484
9. .... Jordan Hasquet (2006-09) ........... 1,396
10. .. Ken McKenzie (1972-75) ............. 1,321
TOP-10 REBOUNDING
1. .... Larry Krystkowiak (1982-86) ........ 1,105
2. .... Daren Engellant (1989-92) ............. 874
3. .... Ken McKenzie (1972-75) ................ 859
4. .... Wayne Tinkle (1985-89) ................. 836
5. .... Shawn Samuelson (1993-96) .......... 791
6. .... Russell Sheriff (1955-58) ................ 788
7. .... Steve Lowry (1960-62) ................... 763
8. .... Brian Qvale (2007-10) .................... 721
9. .... Jordan Hasquet (2006-09) .............. 718
10. .. Andrew Strait (2005-08) ................. 711
TOP-10 ASSISTS
1. .... Travis DeCuire (1991-94) ................ 435
2. .... Shane Christensen (1999-02) ......... 431
3. .... Scott Zanon (1984-87) .................... 411
4. .... Kareem Jamar (2011-14) ................ 407
5. .... Will Cherry (2010-13) ..................... 397
6. .... M. R. Richardson (1974-78) ............ 372
7. .... Marc Glass (1980-84) ..................... 369
8. .... J.R. Camel (1996-98) ...................... 365
9. .... Roger Fasting (1988-92) ................. 363
10. .. Doug Selvig (1980-84) .................... 361
TOP FIELD-GOAL PERCENTAGE
1. .... Steve Vanek (1984-87), 195-of-311 .. .627
FREE THROWS MADE
1. .... Larry Krystowiak (1982-86) ............ 619
1. .... Anthony Johnson (2008-10) 364-417 .. .873
2. .... Jeremy Lake (1992-95) 225-261 .... .862
3. .... Mike Warhank (1997-00) 75-209 .. .837
4. .... Blaine Taylor (1977-81) 178-216 ... .824
5. .... David Bell (2001-03) 160-196 ........ .816
3-POINTERS MADE
1. .... Kevin Criswell (2002-06) ................. 218
TOP-5 STEALS
1. .... Will Cherry (2010-2013) ................. 265
2. .... J.R. Camel (1995-98) ...................... 215
3. .... Chris Spoja (1994-97) ..................... 151
4. .... Doug Selvig (1981-84) .................... 147
5. .... Kevin Criswell (2002-2006) ............. 137
MOST BLOCKS
1. .... Brian Qvale (2008-11) .................... 247

From the linked Nuanez article:

"Travis DeCuire has praised Sayeed Pridgett all Big Sky Conference season for being able to force the issue while at the same time taking what opposing defenses give him."

“He’s aggressively looking to score and he is making great decisions when it’s not there. He is playing with his teammates, he trusts his teammates and that’s why our offensive production has become so much more effective than early in the year.”

rocklobster said:
DPGriz said:
Hoops watcher said:
DPGriz said:

I think it's Pridgett's POY! Sayeed leads Radebaugh in points and rebounds, and trails by 3 in assists to Radebaugh. IMO, it should be unanimous for Sayeed! However, as usual, the coaches will try to spurn him and also Travis for coach of the year. I don't understand how you feel Radebaugh's stats are better.

Montana coaches have won coach of the year numerous times.
Decuire won it for the 2017-2018 season and tinkle won it twice, back to back I think.

rocklobster said:
DPGriz said:
Hoops watcher said:
DPGriz said:

More efficient. Way more assists while still having a lot less assists, better fg%, more 3s at a higher %, throw in some steals and yeah, I think Radebaugh stats are better.

Same steals per game at 1.5! 3 more assists per game for Radebaugh! Pridgett shooting 50% per game! Radebaugh 49%! I’ll give him 3 point %! Pridgett averages 4 more points a game and had 1 more rebound per game! I still don’t see it!

rocklobster said:
Same steals per game at 1.5! 3 more assists per game for Radebaugh! Pridgett shooting 50% per game! Radebaugh 49%! I’ll give him 3 point %! Pridgett averages 4 more points a game and had 1 more rebound per game! I still don’t see it!

Not in conference play, which is what the award is for.

DPGriz said:
rocklobster said:

Not in conference play, which is what the award is for.

Well, I guess we’ll see at season’s end

Just looked this up and it underlines why Pridgett is more VALUABLE to his team. Montana returned 37.9% of the minutes played from last year, NoCo 73.2% of the same. Montana returned 40.0 % of their scoring from last year, NoCo 59.2 % of theirs. Case closed.

Hoops watcher said:
Just looked this up and it underlines why Pridgett is more VALUABLE to his team. Montana returned 37.9% of the minutes played from last year, NoCo 73.2% of the same. Montana returned 40.0 % of their scoring from last year, NoCo 59.2 % of theirs. Case closed.

Good stats. Thanks

Back