• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz Recruiting

717s7e said:
I have been surprised by the lack of news on Lady Griz recruiting - but, in listing to the Coach's podcast, I learned that we are in a dead period until the end of May. As I understand it, until June, he can't bring a new recruit on campus unless it is someone from the transfer portal (but, I may be wrong on that). So, knowing that, I will be more patient regarding those other 5 scholarships until early June.

So, portal kids can be brought in to campus or visited now? I know high school kids can't.

maroonandsilver said:
grizfan1984 said:
I see Karsen Murphy is headed to University of Chattanooga

As updated today on their website, Karsen is still not mentioned as one of the Moc's incoming recruits.

Interesting, but does a player have to be signed or enrolled prior to the school officially announcing them? I don't know.

Question, who are the girls who committed to the lady Griz for this coming year. Wasn’t there a 6’2” shooting guard who was for Washington and then moved to Colorado to be able to play through this last year? Does someone know her name?

Also, how do these incoming commits affect the LG team mix for the new coach? Or can he turn away those players if he wishes. Just wondering.

IdahoGrizFan said:
Question, who are the girls who committed to the lady Griz for this coming year. Wasn’t there a 6’2” shooting guard who was for Washington and then moved to Colorado to be able to play through this last year? Does someone know her name?

Also, how do these incoming commits affect the LG team mix for the new coach? Or can he turn away those players if he wishes. Just wondering.

https://gogriz.com/news/2020/11/12/womens-basketball-bartsch-huard-sign-with-lady-griz.aspx

PlayerRep said:
maroonandsilver said:
As updated today on their website, Karsen is still not mentioned as one of the Moc's incoming recruits.

Interesting, but does a player have to be signed or enrolled prior to the school officially announcing them? I don't know.

I don't know either. If there are rules, they seem to change daily.

Anyone know if there is a site similar to VerbalCommits or Rivals for women's basketball to follow potential recruits/interest?
I wasn't able to find anything with a quick search.

On his radio show the other day Brock Huard talked about his daughter coming to Play for the lady Griz next year. Talked about how recruiting process was difficult because of covid and how she was unable to meet coaches and players in person. I don't believe she has even been on campus yet. He said good things about Petrino and Brian Holsinger.
Brock also has done a great job covering the FCS playoffs and has interviewed several FCS coaches.
I believe he has down a few Griz games as a broadcaster.

One last thing he has another daughter that is a very good basketball player too.

Mavman said:
On his radio show the other day Brock Huard talked about his daughter coming to Play for the lady Griz next year. Talked about how recruiting process was difficult because of covid and how she was unable to meet coaches and players in person. I don't believe she has even been on campus yet. He said good things about Petrino and Brian Holsinger.
Brock also has done a great job covering the FCS playoffs and has interviewed several FCS coaches.

One last thing he has another daughter that is a very good basketball player too.

i could be wrong but I believe she and her family have visited the campus. We could look back on this as Petrino's greatest legacy: The recruitment of Haley and Dani Bartsch.

Mavman said:

She was on campus per the link PR provided.

https://gogriz.com/news/2020/11/12/womens-basketball-bartsch-huard-sign-with-lady-griz.aspx

Mav—Is he still doing his radio gig with the station in Seattle?

Ursa Major said:
Mavman said:

It is on espn u.

DoubleNicks said:
Anyone know if there is a site similar to VerbalCommits or Rivals for women's basketball to follow potential recruits/interest?
I wasn't able to find anything with a quick search.
ESPN generally only follows Power 5 for women’s basketball. They do a top-100, but there is practically no coverage of mid-major players.

The best site for WBB is WBBBlog.com. It is all done by one individual (Raoul_000 on twitter), but it is very up to date.

Mavman said:
Ursa Major said:

It is on espn u.

:thumb:

I have reason and inside info that Hollinger was not the main recruiter at Oregon State. Nice guy but not the blue chipper that Baker and Rueck were. Big talker, likes to feel important. And he got all the credit. His recruits were the tier two back up kids, like the kid from Germany who committed here. Baker was the own female on staff - obviously she had to do most of the recruiting. They should’ve kept Petrino. He was genuine through and through. We’ll see if Hollinger has a plan.

grizfanforlife3245 said:
I have reason and inside info that Hollinger was not the main recruiter at Oregon State. Nice guy but not the blue chipper that Baker and Rueck were. Big talker, likes to feel important. And he got all the credit. His recruits were the tier two back up kids, like the kid from Germany who committed here. Baker was the own female on staff - obviously she had to do most of the recruiting. They should’ve kept Petrino. He was genuine through and through. We’ll see if Hollinger has a plan.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hoops watcher said:
grizfanforlife3245 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does this explain why he hasn't gotten any recruit except the woman from Germany? Ha, ha, ha.

I believe they are in a quiet period right now so of course recruiting announcements would be lacking. In his conversation with Riley he said they will have some good announcements coming up.

HookedonGriz said:
I believe they are in a quiet period right now so of course recruiting announcements would be lacking. In his conversation with Riley he said they will have some good announcements coming up.

The Covid quiet period prevents in-person visits involving recruits. Can’t imagine that it prohibits announcement. I assume coaches want to visit in-person with recruits, and recruits want to visit campus and meet the team.

The quiet period obviously didn’t stop the first recruit announcement.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

The Covid quiet period prevents in-person visits involving recruits. Can’t imagine that it prohibits announcement. I assume coaches want to visit in-person with recruits, and recruits want to visit campus and meet the team.

The quiet period obviously didn’t stop the first recruit announcement.

And the quiet period has certainly not stopped announcements on the Men's side.

grizfanforlife3245 said:
While Katie Faulkner was always recognized as the best recruiter for Oregon State (and rightfully so), Holsinger was very good in his own right.

He was the lead recruiter for Sasha Goforth, a 2020 recruit from Arkansas, who was a consensus top-25 recruit and one of the top freshmen in the PAC-12 this season. She decided to transfer closer to home this season.

He was also the lead recruiter for two of our 2020 commits - Raegan Beers and Adlee Blacklock. Beers is currently ranked as the #10 player in the nation and Blacklock’s final two schools were Baylor and Oregon State.

I would suspect Brian will be able to put together a solid 2022 class and hopefully he’ll be able to get some kids on campus in June. Marya Hudgins would be a good start.

grizfanforlife3245 said:

Hmm, 1 post ever...seems credible.

Back