• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Achenbach pitches the Griz into Big Sky title play-in

grizzlyjournal

CORRECTION: My apologies. I jumped the gun. Montana advances to play Southern Utah tomorrow in the loser-out play-in game of the Big Sky Conf championship. If they beat SUU, they then will face Portland State in the championships.

Not hoops, I know, but thought this deserved some broader circulation...

Montana senior pitcher Tristin Achenbach threw a 5-0 shutout of Sac State, propelling Montana into the championship play-in round of the 2021 Big Sky Conference tourney. They'll face Southern Utah in the loser-out bracket. Montana, whose only loss in the tourney was a 3-1 setback yesterday, must beat SUU to advance to the championship against Portland State.

The story, to me, is Achenbach, a Montana native from Great Falls. She's literally carried her team so far, throwing every pitch of the tourney for Montana. Behind Achenbach, the Griz beat Sac State 6-3, lost to SUU, beat Northern Colorado 7-6 earlier today, before throwing an 8-strikeout/0 walk gem in the championship qualifier.

Congrats to Achenbach and the Griz. Go Griz.

[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizSB/status/1393387254341533696[/media]

Back