• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber State is Fully Loaded

CopperGold14

With the collapse of the EWU Mbb program, some on this board might think that there's a clear path to March Madness for Montana again. They would be wrong. If the Griz and Wildcats played tomorrow on a neutral floor, the spread would have Montana as 8.5 point underdogs. Randy Rahe has a roster that could compete in the Mountain West next season.

CopperGold14 said:
With the collapse of the EWU Mbb program, some on this board might think that there's a clear path to March Madness for Montana again. They would be wrong. If the Griz and Wildcats played tomorrow on a neutral floor, the spread would have Montana as 8.5 point underdogs. Randy Rahe has a roster that could compete in the Mountain West next season.

What and we don't ! That's not the tenor of this board.

CopperGold14 said:

You could sub SUU, NCU, or MSU; it might be more accurate to say the Big Sky is fully loaded. The Griz will definitely have their hands full trying to win conference this year.

CopperGold14 said:

Genuinely interested in where you saw the spread.

Griz took 2/3 from WSU last year and has everyone coming back. WSU has everyone coming back with the exception of Brown who was replaced by McEwen. Tough to see McEwen doing much better than the 18/3 Brown did in Conference, but you never know.

WSU also picked up a decent wing from Utah Valley and the Griz picked up Blakney from Idaho. Even if you believe Jamison is better than Blakney, you still have to consider that WSU’s perimeter was already really good with Porter, SSJ and McEwen, whereas Blakney filled the biggest hole the Griz had.

I may be missing some additions, but it seems like both teams improved a little. According to Haslem metrics, the spread last year on a neutral court was about 8 as well.

CopperGold14 said:

After reading CopperGold14's above post, I ventured over to the WSU forum to get an idea of what the Wildcat cognoscenti are writing about their senior-laden team...

Nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

In fact, it looks like a total of about 20 comments (most by Oldrunner) since the beginning of June. Did they change forum sites? Have Wildcat fans changed allegiances to their football team? Whatever... it looks like there's more discussion here at eGriz re: the Wildcats.

No snark intended, CopperGold14, but maybe you should post this exact same headline & text over at Weber State Basketball to see if you get a nibble or two. I'd be curious what Wildcat fans are anticipating.

Regardless of how raucous it gets here at eGriz at times, it sure is a heck of a lot more fun engaging in hoops banter here :clap: :clap: than at any other Big Sky Conf. forum.
P.S. Oldrunner: Keep posting at eGriz. I (as well as other egrizzers I'm sure) value & appreciate your perspective on Big Sky basketball.

grizzlyjournal said:
CopperGold14 said:

After reading CopperGold14's above post, I ventured over to the WSU forum to get an idea of what the Wildcat cognoscenti are writing about their senior-laden team...

In fact, it looks like a total of about 20 comments (most by Oldrunner) since the beginning of June. Did they change forum sites? Have Wildcat fans changed allegiances to their football team? Whatever... it looks like there's more discussion here at eGriz re: the Wildcats.

No snark intended, CopperGold14, but maybe you should post this exact same headline & text over at Weber State Basketball to see if you get a nibble or two. I'd be curious what Wildcat fans are anticipating.

Regardless of how raucous it gets here at eGriz at times, it sure is a heck of a lot more fun engaging in hoops banter here :clap: :clap: than at any other Big Sky Conf. forum.
P.S. Oldrunner: Keep posting at eGriz. I (as well as other egrizzers I'm sure) value & appreciate your perspective on Big Sky basketball.
Here is my perspective. I would never bet against an unknown or a known quality for that matter. I fully expect that UM, MSU, UNC, and WSU to be much improved over last year. Those are the knowns. The unknowns are EWU, NAU, PSU. The teams I expect to be quite simmilar to last year are Sac, ISU, UI, and SUU. Mind you, SUU was quite good at times and like WSU, quite bad at times.

Yes, I feel that Weber has improved and will have a shot at the title. However, things have to bounce your way a few times and the same could be said about 4 or 5 other teams as well. Road wins in the BSC will be hard to come by. I'm just glad to be returning to a closer to normal situation.

Yes, it has been dead on our forums. Some of our long time fans, that I know, have been tied up in other endeavors and some of the negative crap tossers haven't had any shiz to throw. I often have information to share, but haven't wanted to give any of the tossers anything to toss at. Like I said, just looking forward to a more normal season.

CopperGold14 said:

I think coppergold on to something for a change... Except he should replace Wildcats with Bobcats. I know many will scream TROLL for me predicting this but have no idea how deep my Griz roots are but i could care less. I am biased but not blind(most of you are), Cats have loaded roster with very high expectations. Bishop, Adamu, Belo and Muhammed make up the most talented returning team in the Big Sky, throw in Battle (if it works) and this could be a dominant team.
Just a stark case of reality that will have most of you will screaming like babies! Bring on the slander!

oldrunner said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Here is my perspective. I would never bet against an unknown or a known quality for that matter. I fully expect that UM, MSU, UNC, and WSU to be much improved over last year. Those are the knowns. The unknowns are EWU, NAU, PSU. The teams I expect to be quite simmilar to last year are Sac, ISU, UI, and SUU. Mind you, SUU was quite good at times and like WSU, quite bad at times.

Yes, I feel that Weber has improved and will have a shot at the title. However, things have to bounce your way a few times and the same could be said about 4 or 5 other teams as well. Road wins in the BSC will be hard to come by. I'm just glad to be returning to a closer to normal situation.

Yes, it has been dead on our forums. Some of our long time fans, that I know, have been tied up in other endeavors and some of the negative crap tossers haven't had any shiz to throw. I often have information to share, but haven't wanted to give any of the tossers anything to toss at. Like I said, just looking forward to a more normal season.

But they still have the little Rahe at the helm.....the one.....who can't....ever.....seem... to beat the Griz.....in a big game!

oldrunner said:
grizzlyjournal said:

So, your board has been ruined by knuckleheads just like this one, huh? This is the world we live in now. Self-flagellation from wannabees who never were, nor ever will be. They puff up their fragile bravado from their keyboards, and would rather ruin a good thread than contribute. Trouble is, none of them ever played athletics above grade school, so how can we expect them to actually contribute to a discussion about athletic topics. They desperately seek acceptance from their fellow board hacks, and get special woodies ganging-up en mass to spew their tired rhetoric.

So, the Weber board suffers from the same fate........ Not surprising.

hunt-ducks said:
oldrunner said:

So, your board has been ruined by knuckleheads just like this one, huh? This is the world we live in now. Self-flagellation from wannabees who never were, nor ever will be. They puff up their fragile bravado from their keyboards, and would rather ruin a good thread than contribute. Trouble is, none of them ever played athletics above grade school, so how can we expect them to actually contribute to a discussion about athletic topics. They desperately seek acceptance from their fellow board hacks, and get special woodies ganging-up en mass to spew their tired rhetoric.

Ironic considering most on here would consider you among the chief "knuckleheads" that have ruined this board (going on at least a decade among various alter egos). :lol:

hunt-ducks said:
oldrunner said:

You can buy them glasses, but you can't make them see.

I heard that last year for Weber when they brought in a bunch of transfers. Something to be said for chemistry..

gotgame75 said:
hunt-ducks said:

Ironic considering most on here would consider you among the chief "knuckleheads" that have ruined this board (going on at least a decade among various alter egos). :lol:

I don't initiate the B.S., only defend myself. I talk Griz sports, and have started many good threads on both football and basketball topics. If you can't see who the posters are who have run-off many of the good posters, then you are blind. I didn't even post on here for a period of 3 years, and it has become a shell of its former self. By the way, your comment saying most on here would consider me the cause is not supported by the many PMs I have received supporting me. Frankly, I don't give a sh*t if you, or anyone else agrees with me. I engage in threads about Grizzly athletics, with the few good posters left on here. I can't remember threads where you have contributed anything of value either, so perhaps you should just stick with your buddies. If you "gotgame", why don't you prove it on here?

wyomingriz said:
CopperGold14 said:

I think coppergold on to something for a change... Except he should replace Wildcats with Bobcats. I know many will scream TROLL for me predicting this but have no idea how deep my Griz roots are but i could care less. I am biased but not blind(most of you are), Cats have loaded roster with very high expectations. Bishop, Adamu, Belo and Muhammed make up the most talented returning team in the Big Sky, throw in Battle (if it works) and this could be a dominant team.
Just a stark case of reality that will have most of you will screaming like babies! Bring on the slander!

The problem is I'm pretty sure I've read this post every year for the last 10 years. They will post a big out of conference win, beat a Pac12 school and look impressive to start the year....and then lose to Idaho or something. Cats just never seem to have the winning culture and belief needed win when they are not at their best and be at their best consistently. At this point I'll have to see it to believe it.

CleanHOUSE said:
wyomingriz said:

The problem is I'm pretty sure I've read this post every year for the last 10 years. They will post a big out of conference win, beat a Pac12 school and look impressive to start the year....and then lose to Idaho or something. Cats just never seem to have the winning culture and belief needed win when they are not at their best and be at their best consistently. At this point I'll have to see it to believe it.

I heard Troy Andersen is leaving the MSU FB team for the BB team. Word is that NBA scouts are already drooling.

wyomingriz said:
CopperGold14 said:

Wow. Preseason national champions in football AND basketball?? Impressive.

Back