• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2022 and Beyond University of Montana Lady Griz Basketball Recruiting

citay said:
OregonStateFan said:
Malia Samuels and Mahaila Harrison, both 2023 recruits from Washington, visited Montana this weekend.

Samuels, a 5-6 PG, is ranked No. 45 overall in the class of 2023 by ESPN.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT5uOHAJUVB/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT508jeloEm/?utm_medium=copy_link

Bravo!! Glad we're reaching out to players of this caliber. This program has always had a lot to offer. But first--you have to make that offer! Glad this staff is doing that.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Macey Huard, Haley’s sister, took an unofficial visit to Montana:
https://twitter.com/huardmacey/status/1443221209080950784?s=21

2024 Gabby Betton, a 5-9 guard from Minnesota, visited Montana this weekend:
https://twitter.com/gabbybetton/status/1450848519137464322?s=21

OregonStateFan said:
2024 Gabby Betton, a 5-9 guard from Minnesota, visited Montana this weekend:
https://twitter.com/gabbybetton/status/1450848519137464322?s=21

Good to hear Gabby had a positive time despite the atmosphere and result from that game being less than ideal (compared to what it can reach).

I recognize everyone else (Frohlich is missing), so are the two to Lisa Kiefer's left and the two to her right also perspective recruits?

I agree w/you, DoubleNicks. Current roster stands at 13. With Kylie not pictured, it's logical to assume there are five recruits in this photo. I'm not familiar enough with Libby Stump, Alex Pirog and Mackendra Konig to know if they are part of this group. Most importantly, I look forward to how this team develops over the next 12-24 months. Go Griz.

I'm assuming Lizzy Bennett has received an offer from Montana. I'm pretty certain (not absolutely, though) that she sat with the team at the Griz-Zags game & joined the huddles to start each half.
https://twitter.com/lizzybennett23/status/1460345584754200578

Grizfan-24 said:
Here it is folks. The moment you have been waiting for. The University of Montana Lady Griz Recruiting Page.

Huge thanks to Grizzlyjournal and OregonStatefan for their recruiting insight. I'll try to keep this update as much as I can.

Scholarship Allocation: 15 total scholarships available (13 used, 2 available, 5 Seniors)

Current Roster by Year (Newcomer in italics):

Senior
SG: Sammy Fatkin, 5-11, (Glacier Peak HS) Snohomish, WA (Arizona)
W: Nyah Morris-Nelson, 6-0, (Hillcrest Christian College) Goldcoast, AUS (Iowa Western CC)
PG: Sophia Stiles, 5-9 (Malta HS) Malta, MT
PF: Abby Anderson, 6-2 (Glencoe HS) Hillsoboro, OR
PF: Kylie Frolich, 6-0 (Sentinel HS) Missoula, MT

Junior
W: Carmen Gfeller, 6-1, (Colfax HS) Colfax, WA
G: Katerina Tsineke, 5-9, Thessaloniki, GR (East Carolina)

Sophomore
G: Kyndall Keller, 5-8, (Havre HS) Havre, MT
F: Willa Albrecht, 6-0, (Billings West HS)

Freshman
G: Haley Huard, 6-1, (Valor Christian HS) Highlands Ranch, CO
F: Lisa Kiefer, 6-3, Marburg, GER
F: Dani Bartsch, 6-2 (Helena Capital) Helena, MT
G: Lamprini Polymeni, 5-9, Thessaloniki, GR

2022 and Beyond Recruiting

2 Verbals:
G: Draya Wacker, 5-8, (Melstone HS) Melstone, MT
PG: Libby Stump, 5-8 (Lynden Christian HS) Lynden, WA (Instagram)-Class of 2022
W/F: Alex Pirog, 6-2 (Highlands Ranch HS) Highlands Ranch, CO

OFFERS:

GUARDS
PG: Libby Stump, 5-8 (Lynden Christian HS) Lynden, WA - Montana, Boise State, Sacramento State, -(2022)
CG: Caroline Liles, 5-11, (Fayetville HS) Fayetville, AR (Arkansas Select) Montana, Dayton, Rice, Charleston, and others -(2022)'
PG: Malia Samuels, 5-6 Seattle, WA.

WINGS:
SG/SF: Ashton Judd, 5-11 (West Plains HS) West Plains, MO - Montana, UC Davis, Providence, St. Louis
PF: Gracie Johnson, 6-5 (Nyssa HS), Nyssa, OR- Montana, Portland, - (2023)

KNOWN INTEREST:
PG: Rosa Smith, 5-7, (Lake Washington HS) Kirkland, WA (EBC Elite) -(2022)
W: Zoe Adams, 6-0, Raliegh, NC (Carolina Elite) (2024)
W: Marya Hudgens, (Grandview HS), Aurora, CO (2022)

grizzlyjournal said:
I'm assuming Lizzy Bennett has received an offer from Montana. I'm pretty certain (not absolutely, though) that she sat with the team at the Griz-Zags game & joined the huddles to start each half.
https://twitter.com/lizzybennett23/status/1460345584754200578

Grizfan-24 said:
Here it is folks. The moment you have been waiting for. The University of Montana Lady Griz Recruiting Page.

Huge thanks to Grizzlyjournal and OregonStatefan for their recruiting insight. I'll try to keep this update as much as I can.

Scholarship Allocation: 15 total scholarships available (13 used, 2 available, 5 Seniors)

Senior
W: Nyah Morris-Nelson, 6-0, (Hillcrest Christian College) Goldcoast, AUS (Iowa Western CC)

Junior

You missed Mack Konig, who has also signed.

Sophomore

Freshman

2022 and Beyond Recruiting

2 Verbals:
PG: Libby Stump, 5-8 (Lynden Christian HS) Lynden, WA (Instagram)-Class of 2022

OFFERS:

GUARDS
PG: Libby Stump, 5-8 (Lynden Christian HS) Lynden, WA - Montana, Boise State, Sacramento State, -(2022)
CG: Caroline Liles, 5-11, (Fayetville HS) Fayetville, AR (Arkansas Select) Montana, Dayton, Rice, Charleston, and others -(2022)'

WINGS:
SG/SF: Ashton Judd, 5-11 (West Plains HS) West Plains, MO - Montana, UC Davis, Providence, St. Louis

KNOWN INTEREST:

Wacker, Pirog, Stump. and Konig have signed NIL's.

ProspectsNation ranks both Stump and Konig among the top-150 players in their class. They're yet to assign specific numbers to players outside of the top-25.

https://prospectsnation.com/players/e150/2022

OregonStateFan said:
ProspectsNation ranks both Stump and Konig among the top-150 players in their class. They're yet to assign specific numbers to players outside of the top-25.

I didn't see any player except Stump and Konig that is going to a big sky school. Looks good for the Lady Griz with competing for the top of the league standings.

We have 5 "seniors" listed, but do any of them have an extra "covid" year of eligibility?

• Sammy Fatkin, SG
  • Nyah Morris-Nelson, W
  • Sophia Stiles, PG
  • Abby Anderson, PF
  • Kylie Frolich, PF

Also, it's great to see 3 guards have signed NLI. It will be hard to replace Sophia, but Katerina is getting a lot of experience to help the new people transition. Also, Carmen G will be there for the new post.

GrizBaba said:
We have 5 "seniors" listed, but do any of them have an extra "covid" year of eligibility?

• Sammy Fatkin, SG
  • Nyah Morris-Nelson, W
  • Sophia Stiles, PG
  • Abby Anderson, PF
  • Kylie Frolich, PF

Also, it's great to see 3 guards have signed NLI. It will be hard to replace Sophia, but Katerina is getting a lot of experience to help the new people transition. Also, Carmen G will be there for the new post.

I'm going to miss watching Sophia. I hope there is another Malta player in the wings for the LG. Anyone know of any good Hi-Line players coming down the pike?

A potenrial transfer that the Lady Griz may have interest in: Avery VanSickle, a 5-10 combo guard from Colorado who was ranked in the top-100 in the class of 2021. She signed with UW before the coaching change and opted to stay, but has recently entered the transfer portal. She was recruited by North Carolina and Texas among others.

A few connections to the Lady Griz: She was defeated by Haley Huard in the Colorado 5A state championship game in 2021, despite scoring a team-high 16 points. She played AAU with Oregon State signee Raegan Beers, so Brian has likely seen her play plenty of times. Her younger sister, Quinn, is currently teaming up with Haley’s sister, Macey, at Valor Christian.

There is also a Van Sickle at Montana State - not sure if there is any relationship between the two.

GrizBaba said:

• Sammy Fatkin, SG
  • Nyah Morris-Nelson, W
  • Sophia Stiles, PG
  • Abby Anderson, PF
  • Kylie Frolich, PF

I would imagine that Frohlich and Morris-Nelson have an extra year available if they want to use it, as neither have used a redshirt yet. I would think that Anderson and Stiles will be done after this season because they will have been here five years.

Fatkin's situation would be interesting because she left the team early in the 2019-20 season, took last year off, then came back this season after Holsinger was hired as head coach. I'm not sure if she's eligible for that extra COVID year but it's something worth keeping an eye on.

Grizfan-24 said:

Senior

Junior

Sophomore

Freshman

3 Signings (Early Signing Period):
PG: Libby Stump, 5-8 (Lynden Christian HS) Lynden, WA

OFFERS:

GUARDS
SG: Macey Huard, 6-2, (Valor Christian) Highlands Ranch, CO. (Colorado Premier) - Montana among a host of others.

WINGS:
PF: Keeli Burton-Oliver (Eastlake HS), Sammamish, WA. (Transfer) Arizona State-Washington

KNOWN INTEREST:
PG: Gabby Betton, (Lakeview North), Minnesota. (2024)
SG: Lizzy Bennett, (West Salem HS) Salem, OR (2023)

Why did thread get buried? Can’t we pin it?

Montana has offered Aiyana Mitchell, a 6-3 forward/center from Colorado. She’s recently been offered by Clemson, Omaha, UCSD, Air Force, and Northern Colorado.
https://twitter.com/aiyanamitchell7/status/1520502596301037568?s=21&t=lzJxus7iZkHV0WTRuxJhZw

TrueGriz said:
OregonStateFan said:

I didn't see any player except Stump and Konig that is going to a big sky school. Looks good for the Lady Griz with competing for the top of the league standings.

This sure doesn't fit the mthoopsfan narrative. He's still pissing and moaning about Holsinger's "big miss" on Momberg and the player that went to Chattanooga....oh...and the other 3 or 4 "big misses" that don't play college hoops at all anymore!

Back