• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tres!

wyomingriz said:
citay said:
Yo Wyoming! Since you swung and missed at logic right down the middle of the plate, let's go to instant replay.

In basketball--as in life--two things can be true at the same time.

Truth One: A player can "have game." Many do. Many have played for our Griz: Will Cherry, Kareem Jamarr, Brian Qvale, Derrick Selvig, Michael Oguine, Ahmaad Rorie. Tres Tinkle "has game." Would you argue with that?

Truth Two: Many players who "have game" cannot make it in the NBA. In fact, it is "chapter and verse" of players who "have game" but can't make it to the NBA.

Now does Darko-Kelly "have game?" I believe he does. I was looking beyond his modest stats to the fact he had two steals, a couple of rebounds and several assists during his limited time on the court. Given that he was coming from an NAIA program directly to the summer league, I thought he played well. With more time to adjust to the faster game, he might even have a pro career abroad, as have so many of our ex-Griz. He might be a player who can "fill up the stat sheet."

But will he ever play for Toronto? He will not.

As to the "clown" reference.

I was always taught two things growing up in Montana.

First, there's no excuse for bad manners.

But if you want to persist in these snide little personal attacks, I'll fall back on the second thing I learned growing up in Montana: Don't take shit from anyone.

So: "Truce?" Or consequences?

I am born raised in Montana and was taught to call a spade a spade. You are the most pathetic poster on this board and stand for nothing. I will take CONSEQUENCES
That's your own opinion. I was born and raised in Butte. WE gave out consequences.....

GrizLA said:
wyomingriz said:
I am born raised in Montana and was taught to call a spade a spade. You are the most pathetic poster on this board and stand for nothing. I will take CONSEQUENCES
That's your own opinion. I was born and raised in Butte. WE gave out consequences.....

You wouldn't last a week if you moved back to Butte with your woke Californicated beliefs. I can't believe you actually survived a childhood in Butte!

hunt-ducks said:
GrizLA said:

You wouldn't last a week if you moved back to Butte with your woke Californicated beliefs. I can't believe you actually survived a childhood in Butte!
I'd have whipped your ass behind Gamers and do it again in Clark Park....big mouths were simply targets to Butte kids. I still own property there.

GrizLA said:
hunt-ducks said:
I'd have whipped your ass behind Gamers and do it again in Clark Park....big mouths were simply targets to Butte kids. I still own property there.

Such a tough a guy. I have a feeling you were a wall-flower when you lived there. I needed a good laugh today snowflake

Looks like Darko-Kelly has signed a contract to play this Winter in Finland. That's pretty damn impressive, going from an unrecruited high school kid out of Missoula Sentinel to playing basketball overseas for a living. I still wonder, "what might have been", had Travis and his staff signed Z after he blew up at UM Western and was looking to make the jump up to the BSC.

GrizLA said:
hunt-ducks said:

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"I found most Butte athletes to be mentally and physically softer than most. Their reputation precedes them being from Butte and all that, but rarely, if ever, did they live up to that gritty tough town of Butte image that Butte people love to lay claim to." -- Ryan Leaf, Great Falls Tribune, date unknown

CopperGold14 said:
"I found most Butte athletes to be mentally and physically softer than most. Their reputation precedes them being from Butte and all that, but rarely, if ever, did they live up to that gritty tough town of Butte image that Butte people love to lay claim to." -- Ryan Leaf, Great Falls Tribune, date unknown

GrizLa snowflake gonna take Leaf behind Gamers after that quote was dug up :lol:

wyomingriz said:
CopperGold14 said:

GrizLa snowflake gonna take Leaf behind Gamers after that quote was dug up :lol:

GrizLa will give Leaf consequences for this

5 games into his season with Vanoli Cremona (Italy) Tres averaging 10.2 points, 4th on team, and leading team in steals and minutes per game. The team has 2 - 3 record and appears it will play about 30 games over a longer season that lasts into next May. A lot less games over about the same "season" as an NBA season.

AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Easily amused cowboy? LA knows he wouldn't stand up to me, then or now.

Mousegriz said:
5 games into his season with Vanoli Cremona (Italy) Tres averaging 10.2 points, 4th on team, and leading team in steals and minutes per game. The team has 2 - 3 record and appears it will play about 30 games over a longer season that lasts into next May. A lot less games over about the same "season" as an NBA season.

Looks like Z is also putting up solid numbers after 5 games averaging 13 points and won all 5 games

wyomingriz said:
Mousegriz said:

Looks like Z is also putting up solid numbers after 5 games averaging 13 points and won all 5 games

Who?

Back