Oregon

Griz & Big Sky Conference Basketball
Cuervohola
eGriz Club

I'm surprised nobody has started a thread yet...

I'm here to ask if they are rushing the Threes since they made the first 2?

I think they need to settle down, but I don't get the game on TV
The Only Thing Congressional "Leaders" Do Is Rename Post Offices and Highways

"Everything WOKE turns to SHIT"... President Donald Trump
Sport

Oregon is spanking the Griz early. Griz haven’t scored in at least 4 minutes. Same story, different day. Can’t buy a bucket.
Cuervohola
eGriz Club

Yeah, but now they have to shoot nothing but Threes and hope it works based on how they appear to be playing?

Good Grief.

mtgrizrule

Damn, every year, most games, we're an inconsistent perimeter shooting team. It's our Achilles heel, yet again. It's so damn frustrating!
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
mtgrizrule

Seriously, let Brown have a chance. He can shoot it.
Cuervohola
eGriz Club

Well, that was fun. Back to regularly scheduled non gameday.

LivingstonNative

I’m at the Griz bar in Billings. They don’t have the game because it’s too expensive to buy. They said they have to buy a second tier package to get it. I have checked around Billings and cannot find a bar that has the pack 12 network, since I don’t get it at home. I’m listening to the stream on the radio. If anyone is watching the game, is the defense so tight from the ducks that we can’t get an inside shot?

Also, if anyone knows of a bar in Billings that gets the Pac 12 network please let me know.
Sport

Same story Griz have 4 rebounds to 16 for Oregon. Of course there’s not much to rebound when the ducks are shooting 86%
mtgrizrule

We're not moving the ball. We can't penetrate. We're not settling screens. Offense is UGLY. A lot to improve on.
Griz til I die
eGriz Club

You know I realize that we turned the ball over a lot and our defense wasn’t very good, but how is it possible that every team seems to have a career day shooting against us? I know our defense isn’t the best when opposing teams offenses get hot like that, but teams still, teams miss shots every once in a while. 12 made field goals in a row is just insane and it seems to me this kind of flukey stuff happens all the time against us. It just seems unreal to me.
I was told before the game started not to encourage the students to start my favorite chant, but you did it any way (FTC)- Bobby Hauck. Proud two-time UM alum and lifelong #1 Griz fan!
Sport

Griz down 22 at the half. We’re not even competitive. Turn overs, disarray on offense, can’t rebound, can’t shoot. I was hoping Travis would by now have put together a winning program that would reload and not rebuild. It seems to me that we have high expectations but more often than not are left at the alter. Our players don’t seem to improve over time but regress. Examples would be Vasquez and Owens, starters last year, bench players this year. I feel Travis substitutes to frequently looking for the right combinations and not allowing the team to establish any continuity.
HelenaHandBasket

Griz are such a poor rebounding team. I don't think this team wins enough to get a bye in the conference tournament.
Sport

Griz cannot get the ball inside. Start of 2nd half now down 26. I realize we’re not a good 3 pt shooting team but when you can’t get the ball inside you have to shoot the 3 in hopes of getting them outside the box.
HelenaHandBasket

Sport wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:26 pm Griz cannot get the ball inside. Start of 2nd half now down 26. I realize we’re not a good 3 pt shooting team but when you can’t get the ball inside you have to shoot the 3 in hopes of getting them outside the box.
Nothing better than being a small team that can't shoot from 3.
Sport

Good night Irene, down 31.
Cuervohola
eGriz Club

It doesn't make any sense. Oregon shot 32 and 39 percent when they got waxed by 32 and 29 points.

Now all of a sudden they are shooting 65%?

These games just rip my guts up, the Griz aren't THIS bad.

grizonbob
eGriz Club

Oregon has been very aggressive on D. Including a full-court press and traps at half-court that have really given the Griz the fits. They can't get into any kind of rhythm offensively, and are resorting to a one-on-one stuff that gets them deeper in a hole.

Maybe the only good thing about the game is that it will provide film that shows what not to do.
Sport

In all the years, 7 to be exact, that I’ve been watching Travis bb this is without a doubt the most uninspired team I’ve witnessed to date. Totally out of control.
Sport

Final score Oregon Ducks 87, Montana Grizzlies 47. You do the math.
grizonbob
eGriz Club

How ugly was it? Griz had only 15 rebounds and shot only 26 percent from the floor.