• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ S Mississippi

Copper King said:
Does anyone know what happened to the Southern Mississippi player who went down in apparent extreme pain at about the 10 minute mark of the first half? The way he was holding his arm when he came off the court, I thought he may have separated his shoulder. Interestingly, before play resumed one of the referees had a fan kicked out of the gym. What was that about?

I have no idea what happened to have the fan thrown out but I have been thrown out of 1 game myself......The ref accused me of coming on the court which I didn't....I was sitting front row and we were taking a beating on the boards by several huge guys who were going over the back of our smaller guys....after one blatant over the back rebound, I stood up and yelled at the ref as he passed "Call the damn foul".....the ref waited for the next break in the action and got security to tell me I was not welcome for the rest of the game....I find it ironic that the same ref was working your game against S Miss.....Mr Gregory Nixon is his name and I still get on him mercilessly whenever possible.....He seems to think he is a major part of the show and has incredibly thin skin.....

sacstateman said:
Copper King said:
Does anyone know what happened to the Southern Mississippi player who went down in apparent extreme pain at about the 10 minute mark of the first half? The way he was holding his arm when he came off the court, I thought he may have separated his shoulder. Interestingly, before play resumed one of the referees had a fan kicked out of the gym. What was that about?

I have no idea what happened to have the fan thrown out but I have been thrown out of 1 game myself......The ref accused me of coming on the court which I didn't....I was sitting front row and we were taking a beating on the boards by several huge guys who were going over the back of our smaller guys....after one blatant over the back rebound, I stood up and yelled at the ref as he passed "Call the damn foul".....the ref waited for the next break in the action and got security to tell me I was not welcome for the rest of the game....I find it ironic that the same ref was working your game against S Miss.....Mr Gregory Nixon is his name and I still get on him mercilessly whenever possible.....He seems to think he is a major part of the show and has incredibly thin skin.....

Noticed he's got a new hair color going too! Nice look! I was behind scoring bench and he was pretty decisive getting the guy kicked out. A few minutes after he came over and believe I heard him say that the guy was getting after the opposing team players and wasn't going to tolerate it.

Wonder if this guy would have had the balls to kick Mega Mouth and the rest of the "Zoo" out of the gym back in the day. And what really gives a ref the right to kick anyone out? He paid for his courtside ticket...and in my experience refs and visiting players tend to "hear it" from fans pretty much everywhere.

Mousegriz said:
sacstateman said:

Noticed he's got a new hair color going too! Nice look! I was behind scoring bench and he was pretty decisive getting the guy kicked out. A few minutes after he came over and believe I heard him say that the guy was getting after the opposing team players and wasn't going to tolerate it.

Wonder if this guy would have had the balls to kick Mega Mouth and the rest of the "Zoo" out of the gym back in the day. And what really gives a ref the right to kick anyone out? He paid for his courtside ticket...and in my experience refs and visiting players tend to "hear it" from fans pretty much everywhere.

I've noticed the Grecian Formula look of his hair also, too vain to turn gray? I'm glad you were within earshot of this asshole ref.....He really thinks people come to watch him ref....I always check who the refs were when I hear complaints about the calls and MANY times it is the fabulous Gregory Nixon who was part of the crew.....

sacstateman said:
Mousegriz said:

I've noticed the Grecian Formula look of his hair also, too vain to turn gray? I'm glad you were within earshot of this asshole ref.....He really thinks people come to watch him ref....I always check who the refs were when I hear complaints about the calls and MANY times it is the fabulous Gregory Nixon who was part of the crew.....

THIS! It is a growing issue with men's D1 officiating and something the Big Sky might have difficulty dealing with. I was several rows away from the incident, but was disturbed at the visibly clear "righteous anger" tantrum thrown by the ref. Certainly, there are incidents where refs have the right/responsibility to toss fans, but the behavior of this ref was clearly... visibly unprofessional in my opinion.

Back