• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NAU

Is it very hard to fly a couple hours, and then either take a bus a couple hours or a plane for 45 minutes? All on an open Friday. Then play at 2 pm the next day?

mthoopsfan said:
Is it very hard to fly a couple hours, and then either take a bus a couple hours or a plane for 45 minutes? All on an open Friday. Then play at 2 pm the next day?

Remember when BSC games were Friday-Saturday? Nobody died. :eek:

maroonandsilver said:
mthoopsfan said:

Remember when BSC games were Friday-Saturday? Nobody died. :eek:

That's when I attended UM!! Do remember having to walk uphill both ways in the snow to get to the games? :lol:

Reminder to anyone who may have forgotten the men play at 2:00 today.hopefully it will be a good game unlike Thursday evening with Griz o top.

MikeyGriz said:
Meanwhile, Griz lead 20-9 halfway through the 1st half.
Amazing what happens when you make your shots. Griz running 42-45% on twos. Could improve on their treys. Meanwhile, the 'Jacks shooting is piss poor.

GO GRIZ! :egriz:

Good job GRIZ. I'm impressed, they're finally learning and executing the value of looking for open mid range shots. I mentioned this within the last few weeks, before the cat game. I'm happy Anderson took and hit an open 8 to 10 foot shot. Whitney or Beasley hit about a 14 footer. DCH took 1 too, but missed. We don't need many midrange shots, just hit a few.

MikeyGriz said:
Riley just said we are in the bottom 5 in the country in offensive rebounds?!! :shock:
Not quite that bad, according to NCAA stats. But really, really bad anyway ... like #339 out of 350. Air Force is at the bottom, in case you were wondering.

I suppose it's all part of the offense, but the Griz would be better off not even throwing up treys. They've hit 4 of 20 tries (20%). Since they almost never get the offensive rebound (see above), those are -- for all intents and purposes -- turnovers.

IdaGriz01 said:
I suppose it's all part of the offense, but the Griz would be better off not even throwing up treys. They've hit 4 of 20 tries (20%). Since they almost never get the offensive rebound (see above), those are -- for all intents and purposes -- turnovers.

NAU shooting about the same percentage.

I don't mind the shooting of the 3's. This team is vastly better shooting them, most of the time, and unlike last year the threes are coming organically in the offense. The problem with this offense, is that they are still prone to unbelievable dry spells where they can find the bottom of the basket. They have had two protracted dry spells in this game, both about 5 minutes in length. They have had 6 shots in the past 3 minutes that were point blank misses. Its just ugly, but it isn't like their shot selection has been poor.

Back