• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sophia Stiles enters transfer portal

PeauxRouge said:
I don't think this has been posted yet:
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/sophia-stiles-offers-rationale-for-turning-down-final-season-with-montana-lady-griz/article_ebb64b8b-bb42-57bb-8e2c-6014414a7326.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_406_Sports&fbclid=IwAR1KP3eZVwc4doZcjwN7WSWF6dDOeqO9UeZ_lRfocOlnK2O4fKwzf9Dn0OI

Short but informative article. Good on her and I'll try to tune in to a couple of FGCU games.

Edit: Just went to the FGCU web site and didn't see any news related to Sophia transferring to them. Maybe there's paperwork that needs to be finished? https://fgcuathletics.com/sports/womens-basketball

GrizBaba said:
PeauxRouge said:
I don't think this has been posted yet:
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/sophia-stiles-offers-rationale-for-turning-down-final-season-with-montana-lady-griz/article_ebb64b8b-bb42-57bb-8e2c-6014414a7326.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_406_Sports&fbclid=IwAR1KP3eZVwc4doZcjwN7WSWF6dDOeqO9UeZ_lRfocOlnK2O4fKwzf9Dn0OI

Short but informative article. Good on her and I'll try to tune in to a couple of FGCU games.

Edit: Just went to the FGCU web site and didn't see any news related to Sophia transferring to them. Maybe there's paperwork that needs to be finished? https://fgcuathletics.com/sports/womens-basketball

My guess is they may not be able to say anything until Sophia is officially enrolled. (so your "paperwork" comment)

I hope her Faith endures, that His Guidance lights her path but that she never blames Him for the injuries she's suffered or other of life's hardships that she like all of us inevitably encounter on our paths through life.

I frankly think too much is being made about Sophia's decision. She has the absolute right (responsibility, actually) to pursue whatever path she chooses (as we all do) without any thread of apology to anyone else. I wish her the best, but I'm turning my attention to the present and near-term future of the team Montana coaches are building. In that light, there are two very positive aspects to where things have panned out:
1 -- That coach Holsinger offered an "open-door" invitation to Sophia to return at any time if she so chose. He reserved that roster spot exclusively for her, pending her decision, without any conditions. Kudos, coach. An unconditional offer; classy.
2 -- The resulting two open roster spots. I'm curious. Wondering if there are any other situations where a quality experienced D1 transfer might see the Montana and the GrizWBB program as a good place to land. I'm aware that, last season, coach H maintained a 13-slot roster, which is always a bit risky given how injuries can affect teams. I've heard there are still some quality transfers looking for a good team fit.
Meanwhile, I am very intrigued about how the second season under coach Holsinger (including the hiring of an assistant coach) starts shaping up. Go GrizWBB.

citay said:
I hope her Faith endures, that His Guidance lights her path but that she never blames Him for the injuries she's suffered or other of life's hardships that she like all of us inevitably encounter on our paths through life.

oh gawd. ?

argh! said:
citay said:

oh gawd. ?

You called?

argh! said:
citay said:

oh gawd. ?

Book 2............Anyone?

citay said:

Dig it.

Back