• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz 62, Eagles 72

TrueGriz

Bad rebounding, bad shooting spelled trouble for Griz today. Lack of inside game and a point guard to penetrate the Eagles extended defense didn't help either. At times, all 5 Eagle defenders were at the 3 point line and Griz had couldn't penetrate.
Defense wasn't all that bad or Eagles would have won by a much larger score.

Definitely need Mansell back. I think he is the only point guard able to penetrate toward the basket, plus his defense would really have helped.

Bell sick with the flu sure didn't help, but did get hot near the end of the game when it was to late.

Criswell shot poorly, worst game shooting at home this year.

Pederson had his worst game of his career today.

Chavez needs to learn how to put up his hands on defense among other things.

Well, PSU this saturday. I predict even with this team, Griz will win. Today, EWU was a good team but I think Griz would have won today if Bell was healthy and/or Mansell was playing. Griz are just not deep enough to withstand losing any players.

It looked pretty exciting at the start - a 9-2 run, I was hoping it was going to be another like SUU :D It looked good again at the end of the 1/2. They have to figure out a way to stop those 10-0 runs.

Another thought - is there some new rule about media time-outs? It seems like now there are more media time-outs than there are commericals in the superbowl. Not a big deal just seems strange when the game is not on T.V.

Also the officials were terrible - not that it cost us the game, but it was frustrating. You knew it was bad when the one ref called a jump ball, and the other ref had to overrule him because it was so blatent :roll: . They let some really rough play go on for Eastern, forgot about traveling calls, then called the Griz for some ticky-tack stuff. I loved it when Kennedy asked them about the one travelling call - one ref shrugs his shoulders and points to the other ref, who says he wasn't looking at the play. My 8 year old started singing 3 blind mice.

Media timeouts are called about every 4 minutes of the game. You should see a media timeout called around the 16, 12, 8, and 4 minute marks.

EWU called a timeout at 3:59 left to go, and I was about to go bonkers because I knew there would be a media timeout coming up any second. I say thanks EWU coach in a sarcastic way for calling an unnecessary timeout, because the media then called a timeout about a half minute later in the game.

Reffing was pretty bad, have to agree with you there.

Latest posts

Back