Griz land seven footer

Grizzly Basketball and Big Sky Conference Hoops
Mslacat

Griz land seven footer

Post by Mslacat » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:16 pm

I have been told that Tinkle has landed his first commit (or at least the first I have heard) and it is a big one. Andy Martin from St John's Military - Delafield,WI has committed to the Griz recently. He is a 7'-0" center who played his senior year at Natron high school in 2010-11. He is taking a prep year in Wisconsin and will join the Griz for the 2012-13 school year with 4 years of eligibility, plus a redshirt if needed. His took his official visit to Missoula about a week and half ago.

Evizzerate

Re: Griz land seven footer

Post by Evizzerate » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:46 pm

My sister in law loves basketball and lives close to St John's back in Wisconsin. I'll make her scout for us.

mtgrizrule

Post by mtgrizrule » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Looks like the visit my source told me about in the visits thread, was right about it him visiting, and it being a good visit. FYI, if he claims to be one that told me, I will back him up on it. NICE work on the FYI.

I am stoked we have a solid 7 footer for Tinkle to work with. Welcome aboard Andy!!!
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Health issues, major and minor...increase the productivity of your NRF1 and NRF2. Here is my business website to see the products. http://rbidwell.lifevantage.com/

PeauxRouge

Post by PeauxRouge » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Nice! Can't wait to see him in action.

Now, can someone explain to me how attending a prep school works? Seems like kids are going to four years of HS and then going to a prep school for a year and then college, yet they still have all four years of eligibility left as well as a RS year? How does that work?

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:48 pm

PeauxRouge wrote:Nice! Can't wait to see him in action.

Now, can someone explain to me how attending a prep school works? Seems like kids are going to four years of HS and then going to a prep school for a year and then college, yet they still have all four years of eligibility left as well as a RS year? How does that work?

Yup, that's right. You can go to high school all you want, or graduate and not go to school for years, but your college clock only starts when you enroll full time and join the team.

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Awesome. Thanks to MGR for the original info on the board and to MCat for filling in the missing info. I wonder if the coaches had dinner with the recruit at Finn & Porter after the football game.

EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Post by EverettGriz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:13 am

:clap:
Booze is the duct tape of life.

Mslacat

Post by Mslacat » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:04 pm

I think all of you big men luv'n types are going to be happy with this class!

Baller1

Post by Baller1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Mslacat wrote:I think all of you big men luv'n types are going to be happy with this class!
as in Mitch Brewe is going to sign to....?? :shock:

temp

Post by temp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Baller1 wrote:
Mslacat wrote:I think all of you big men luv'n types are going to be happy with this class!

Brewe commited to UC-SB a couple weeks ago.

maroonandsilver
eGriz Club

Post by maroonandsilver » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Mslacat wrote:I have been told that Tinkle has landed his first commit (or at least the first I have heard) and it is a big one. Andy Martin from St John's Military - Delafield,WI has committed to the Griz recently. He is a 7'-0" center who played his senior year at Natron high school in 2010-11. He is taking a prep year in Wisconsin and will join the Griz for the 2012-13 school year with 4 years of eligibility, plus a redshirt if needed. His took his official visit to Missoula about a week and half ago.
At last, Feddy Owens brings one home!

Baller1

Post by Baller1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:07 pm

temp wrote:
Baller1 wrote:

Brewe commited to UC-SB a couple weeks ago.
shit...i knew that. I was thinking of Lucas O'Brien out of AZ. Just got done reading about Brewe when I typed my post :oops: my bad.

O'Brien is a player I would take over Brewe. Getting O'Brien and the 7 Footer from Wyo. would be once again unheard of size & talent for a Big Sky recruiting class. Another Selvig/Qvale??

Now I just hope O'Brien hasn't committed elsewhere yet.

WyomingGrizFan

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:34 pm

+1 :thumb:

mtgrizrule

Post by mtgrizrule » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:21 pm

WTG GRIZ. I have a feeling Freddy's ties to WI, Steward having played with Andrew, and Tinkle having developed a few solid bigs certainly helped land Andrew.

Mslacat, please tell us what more you have heard as for a big?
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Health issues, major and minor...increase the productivity of your NRF1 and NRF2. Here is my business website to see the products. http://rbidwell.lifevantage.com/