• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Court?

GrizNinja

If I remember correctly, they were going to put in a new basketball court last year but decided to put it on hold and just install the scoreboard. Does anyone know if they're moving forward with the new court this year? Looking forward to seeing the new design if so.

GrizNinja said:
If I remember correctly, they were going to put in a new basketball court last year but decided to put it on hold and just install the scoreboard. Does anyone know if they're moving forward with the new court this year? Looking forward to seeing the new design if so.

Getting late in the year for a new floor this year, I think.

The scoreboard is from our corporate masters, learfield.

fanofzoo said:
GrizNinja said:

Last year the money went to the remodel of the Lady Griz locker room. If it is to be done this year, the project could not possibly start until next week at the earliest. Camps took the floor all summer, last week was the gun show. I was in the FH just an hour ago, they are setting up for a concert.

maroonandsilver said:
fanofzoo said:
GrizNinja said:

Last year the money went to the remodel of the Lady Griz locker room. If it is to be done this year, the project could not possibly start until next week at the earliest. Camps took the floor all summer, last week was the gun show. I was in the FH just an hour ago, they are setting up for tonight's Chris Stapleton concert.

AllWeatherFan said:
Anybody tired of the cartoon Grizzly? (Asking for a friend.)

I actually love that logo and hope they keep it. I think its a unique logo for sports in that its not a late 90's - 2000's flashy two tone logo (think that ugly ass bobcat msu has) and it sorta just looks like a normal grizzly bear. I think thats cool. If they're gonna change it tho; the pawprint logo outlined in silver, the scripted "Griz", or the old school UofM. One of those should replace it.

griznative24 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Anybody tired of the cartoon Grizzly? (Asking for a friend.)

I actually love that logo and hope they keep it. I think its a unique logo for sports in that its not a late 90's - 2000's flashy two tone logo (think that ugly ass bobcat msu has) and it sorta just looks like a normal grizzly bear. I think thats cool. If they're gonna change it tho; the pawprint logo outlined in silver, the scripted "Griz", or the old school UofM. One of those should replace it.

Agreed. My assumption is that it will probably be based on the logo on the newer football field. There were a few minor tweaks to make it more modern and it turned out really nice. The key and sidelines is where they could get more creative. I just don't want it to be too busy, like San Jose St or Oregon.

I talked to Haslem today when I picked up my football tickets. The floor will NOT be replaced this year, but next year. Reason: NCAA is expected to make some changes after this year. Expanded key. Moving the 3-point line further out. They don't want to put in a new floor now, then have to make those changes later. Kent said the new floor will keep the Bear, but the "look" will be much "cleaner" (not so busy). Existing floor will be refinished soon.

Back