• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre conference record

AZDoc

DONOR
I think I count 11 games. Predictions on record for those 11 games...

I'm going 7-4 with losses against AZ, Creighton, SDSU, and NDSU (beating them in the tourney though)

I can see as good as 10-1 though with a loss to one of those first 3. I think they beat GA State this go around. Thoughts?

If what I read is true, AZ might be one of the easier games on that list. I think the truest challenge will be at Creighton. NDSU and SDSU are good games but winnable and, as I recall, UM could have beaten GA State in reg had Oguine not missed his one and one at the end, which was remarkable since UM had let GA post a large lead in the first half. I doubt they will repeat that. UM will win that one.

W - Whitworth (95/5) - H
W - Georgia St (60/40) - H (Griz looking for redemption on home court after last years 3-point Loss)
W - MT Tech (98/2) - H
W - Incarnate Word (70/30) - N -Bahamas
L - Miami/NDSU (45/55) - N - Bahamas (early season hickups happen)
? - wait and see the pairing after the potential loss/win - N - Bahamas
L - Creighton (15/85) - A (Creighton is a pretty solid program -beat Villanova last year- 'nuff said - will be on FS1!)
W - College of Idaho (70/30) - H (nationally ranked DII program)
L - UC Irvine (49/51) - A (strong second half of year last year, played some very good teams - giving them the edge based solely on homecourt advantage)
W - NDSU (55/45) H - (potential redemption game)
L - Arizona (15/85) A (tough environment in Pac12 venue, well coached, bring in tons of talent w/ their recruiting - will be on Pac12 Network)
L - South Dakota St A (35/65) (tough road game right before xmas break - 28 win team last year with their stud Mike Daum returning)

That puts my prediction at 6-5 with no idea how things play out in the Bahamas
(disclaimer - very little research went into roster turnover and position matchups - i put a lot of weight on last seasons outcomes)

I can't see us losing to UNDSU.

Arizona was on a roll last season until they laid an egg at the tournament against mighty Buffalo, but you'd be nuts to count on a Griz upset in that one.

I'd like to see us knock off Irvine, however, and that seems very doable.

AllWeatherFan said:
I can't see us losing to UNDSU.

Arizona was on a roll last season until they laid an egg at the tournament against mighty Buffalo, but you'd be nuts to count on a Griz upset in that one.

I'd like to see us knock off Irvine, however, and that seems very doable.

Arizona lost 8 players from their team last year and is picked to finish no higher than 4th in the Pac.Yes, they have a talented bunch and coach but they are operating under a cloud. They lost their freshman wunderkind, as well....this game is most definitely one the Griz should win, assuming they are as good as we think. I admit, I'm biased...Irvine always plays up to the competition.

driftwood said:
W - Whitworth (95/5) - H
W - Georgia St (60/40) - H (Griz looking for redemption on home court after last years 3-point Loss)
W - MT Tech (98/2) - H
W - Incarnate Word (70/30) - N -Bahamas
L - Miami/NDSU (45/55) - N - Bahamas (early season hickups happen)
? - wait and see the pairing after the potential loss/win - N - Bahamas
L - Creighton (15/85) - A (Creighton is a pretty solid program -beat Villanova last year- 'nuff said - will be on FS1!)
W - College of Idaho (70/30) - H (nationally ranked DII program)
L - UC Irvine (49/51) - A (strong second half of year last year, played some very good teams - giving them the edge based solely on homecourt advantage)
W - NDSU (55/45) H - (potential redemption game)
L - Arizona (15/85) A (tough environment in Pac12 venue, well coached, bring in tons of talent w/ their recruiting - will be on Pac12 Network)
L - South Dakota St A (35/65) (tough road game right before xmas break - 28 win team last year with their stud Mike Daum returning)

That puts my prediction at 6-5 with no idea how things play out in the Bahamas
(disclaimer - very little research went into roster turnover and position matchups - i put a lot of weight on last seasons outcomes)

brilliant, thoughtful analysis with win-percentages for every game that I find hard to disagree with. If we can squeak out a 7-4 record, it will be impressive.

Like every team in the country, it all depends on how they gel, injuries, egos etc. That being said this year there isn't a game on the schedule we don't have a legit shot to win. That is a new feeling I hope we can continue to get used to.

Latest posts

Back