• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oguine and Rorie All Time Greats

alabamagrizzly

Currently Oguine stands at 17th on Montana’s all time scoring list with 1,210 points. Rorie is tied at 19th with 1,131 points while wearing a Grizzly uniform. If they both match their totals from last year, they will finish 4th and 5th on the all time list. I wonder how unprecedented this is to have two of your top five scorers in program history playing and graduating together. It’s gonna be a fun year, Go Griz!!

Mattdragon said:
Who is the all time leader? is it Will Cherry?

Krystkowiak with 2017 points
Michael Ray with 1827
Bob Cope with 1810

Will Cherry is 8th with 1484.

The source is page 55 of the 2017 - 2018 Men's Basketball Yearbook on gogriz.com

Griz1 said:
Mattdragon said:
Who is the all time leader? is it Will Cherry?

Krystkowiak with 2017 points
Michael Ray with 1827
Bob Cope with 1810

Will Cherry is 8th with 1484.

The source is page 55 of the 2017 - 2018 Men's Basketball Yearbook on gogriz.com
Dang!!! If only we had Rorie 1 more year instead of him going to OU than I think he could break it

Probably the best since Darren Engellant and Roger Fasting in 91-92. They both Graduated in '92 and finished 12th and 19th in career scoring, respectively. Engellant is 2nd in career rebounding and 1st in blocked shots. Fasting was 7th in career assists. That team also included senior Delvon Anderson who only played two years, but scored 861 points as a Grizzly and was the leading scorer that season. On a per-season basis, its tough to beat that trifecta. Travis Decuire was a sophomore on that team and is the all time Grizzly Assists leader. Underclassmen on that team included Matt Kempfert, Jeremy Lake and Gary Kane. The record books are littered with guys from that team. Top to bottom, I still think that was the best ever Grizzly Basketball team. It gives me shivers just thinking about them!

I try to temper my expectations of these young guys, but barring anything unexpected, Rorie and Oguine are on pace to be one of the best senior combos and one of the best back-court combos in Griz history.

I think the question is, how will this team stack up top to bottom against some of the all time great Grizzly teams? I look at the roster and think we might be witnessing a golden age in Grizzly Basketball history.

I can't wait for this season to get started!

Go Griz!

Edit: it looks like we are looking at different records lists. I was looking at Wikipedia which looks to be outdated.

Jaredkuehn said:
Probably the best since Darren Engellant and Roger Fasting in 91-92. They both Graduated in '92 and finished 12th and 19th in career scoring, respectively. Engellant is 2nd in career rebounding and 1st in blocked shots. Fasting was 7th in career assists. That team also included senior Delvon Anderson who only played two years, but scored 861 points as a Grizzly and was the leading scorer that season. On a per-season basis, its tough to beat that trifecta. Travis Decuire was a sophomore on that team and is the all time Grizzly Assists leader. Underclassmen on that team included Matt Kempfert, Jeremy Lake and Gary Kane. The record books are littered with guys from that team. Top to bottom, I still think that was the best ever Grizzly Basketball team. It gives me shivers just thinking about them!

I try to temper my expectations of these young guys, but barring anything unexpected, Rorie and Oguine are on pace to be one of the best senior combos and one of the best back-court combos in Griz history.

I think the question is, how will this team stack up top to bottom against some of the all time great Grizzly teams? I look at the roster and think we might be witnessing a golden age in Grizzly Basketball history.

Go Griz!

Edit: it looks like we are looking at different records lists. I was looking at Wikipedia which looks to be outdated.

That 91-92 was a great one top to bottom. Quick observation on some of those names you list.....Engellant, Fasting. Lake, Kempfert, and Kane all Montana kids. "All time great Griz team" discussion with 5 Montana kids contributing won't ever happen again.

Delvon was the best of the bunch though. He and Will Cherry (Oguine almost there too) are my all time "relentless winners"!

With all due respect to Rorie and oguine who both are very talented my all time favorite
Grizz will always be my high school teammate and good friend Delvon Anderson i never
Saw one day on the court that he didn't lay it on the line undersized in high school
As well as in college and what he was able to accomplish with heart and toughness was
incredible to witness R I P DELVON

Mousegriz said:
Jaredkuehn said:

Go Griz!

That 91-92 was a great one top to bottom. Quick observation on some of those names you list.....Engellant, Fasting. Lake, Kempfert, and Kane all Montana kids. "All time great Griz team" discussion with 5 Montana kids contributing won't ever happen again.

Delvon was the best of the bunch though. He and Will Cherry (Oguine almost there too) are my all time "relentless winners"!

Yup, I was actually thinking that exact same thing as I was looking up those stats. Its hard to imagine ever putting that many great Montana players on the team at the same time.

Coachnelson said:
With all due respect to Rorie and oguine who both are very talented my all time favorite
Grizz will always be my high school teammate and good friend Delvon Anderson i never
Saw one day on the court that he didn't lay it on the line undersized in high school
As well as in college and what he was able to accomplish with heart and toughness was

Agreed! The highlight reel they did last year to commemorate Delvon was great. The guy was a little more skilled and athletic than you thought...because the toughness and heart were much easier to see.

Coachnelson said:

I was at the NCAA shoot around in Boise with the Griz. Florida State came in near the end of the shoot around and their team spread out and a few of the players sat near me. One of the Florida State players pointed to the floor and said "That's Delvon Anderson. I know him from when he was at City. He is a bitch".

That was a very telling statement about Delvon and the respect other players held for his basketball ability. He was and will always be one of my all time Griz favorites.

Easily my favorite Griz but that team was also my favorite. Two stories I shared yesterday were about being next to his hotel room in Bozeman the night before a game and him calling me amd my buddy in to shoot the breeze. I was 12. Then later that year after they won the BSC championship, I was hanging outside the locker room and Stew Morrill told me to take my basketball up to the locker room to have the team sign it. Those are great memories that I will never forget.

But wasn't Kevin Kearney also on those great teams?

alabamagrizzly said:
Currently Oguine stands at 17th on Montana’s all time scoring list with 1,210 points. Rorie is tied at 19th with 1,131 points while wearing a Grizzly uniform. If they both match their totals from last year, they will finish 4th and 5th on the all time list. I wonder how unprecedented this is to have two of your top five scorers in program history playing and graduating together. It’s gonna be a fun year, Go Griz!!
Playing together is unprecedented enough, but graduating together is even more rare. Will Cherry and Kareem Jamar played together, and are ranked 3rd (Jamar) and 6th (Cherry) on the all time scoring list, but they didn't graduate together.

I don't think Michael Ray or Krysko's top 2 status for All-time Griz greats is in any jeopardy. I love Rorie and Oguine, but they are nowhere in those 2's league yet (or ever will be), IMO.

Zirg said:
I don't think Michael Ray or Krysko's top 2 status for All-time Griz greats is in any jeopardy. I love Rorie and Oguine, but they are nowhere in those 2's league yet (or ever will be), IMO.

They are fantastic, but players line MRR and Krysko are once in a generation type players.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Zirg said:

They are fantastic, but players line MRR and Krysko are once in a generation type players.

Exactly, being an "All-Time Great" are reserved for the truly great. The line below MRR and Krysko is a mile long. The fact that Jordan Hasquet was even in the Top 10 is embarrassing. He was horrible. He took more 2-pt shots with his toe on the 3-pt line than anyone I have ever seen at any level. Hasquet didn't "get it". Delvon Anderson is my personal All-time Griz great #3. He did EVERYTHING well, or at least busted his ass to try to do everything well. I don't see anyone on this year's team with the heart of MRR, Krysko or Delvon, IMO.

Back