• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Creighton VS Gongaza

This is one hell off a game. Creighton moves the ball and executes offensively about as well as a team can. They create open shots consistently, and have the shooters to pay off their efforts. I really do hope the GRIZ learn form Creighton, the importance of ball movement.

I am pulling for Creighton. A Creighton win helps the GRIZ RPI immensely.

Also to add, this Creighton team certainly is not rebuilding. They are a team with solid talent, depth, and terrific chemistry and cohesiveness. The question is, can they keep a high chemistry all season. If they do, they could make a run in the NCAA tournament.

Gonzaga capitalizing on a few missed shots and turnovers by Creighton. Norvell is on FIRE, with 18 2nd half points and there is still 9+ minutes left.

mtgrizrule said:
This is one hell off a game. Creighton moves the ball and executes offensively about as well as a team can. They create open shots consistently, and have the shooters to pay off their efforts. I really do hope the GRIZ learn form Creighton, the importance of ball movement.

Also to add, this Creighton team certainly is not rebuilding. They are a team with solid talent, depth, and terrific chemistry and cohesiveness. The question is, can they keep a high chemistry all season. If they do, they could make a run in the NCAA tournament.

Creighton has 3 seniors, two of whom are transfers, 4 juniors two of whom see little play. Their coach, the Omaha papers and the facts do show them as rebuilding from last year's pretty successful team. If they can do it, no reason Montana cannot do the same.

GrizLA said:
mtgrizrule said:

Creighton has 3 seniors, two of whom are transfers, 4 juniors two of whom see little play. Their coach, the Omaha papers and the facts do show them as rebuilding from last year's pretty successful team. If they can do it, no reason Montana cannot do the same.

In my opinion, for Creighton, last season was more disappointing, than this season being a rebuild season. Using "rebuild" is a term to help minimize fan expectations. If the team does well when rebuilding, then they exceeded expectations. If the team does average or worse, then they can say, it was a rebuilding season. Win, Win either way for the program. Yes, the GRIZ might have to use a similar attitude and approach going into next season.

So if you believe the Zags are good then I think this game speaks pretty highly of Creighton and our loss doesnt seem too bad. Could have really helped us if could have held it together better in the last 10-15 minutes and made the score closer. Still Creighton is tough. Maybe we get Akoh and Falls back and at least give AZ a scare.

Sorry, a 26 point loss does seem bad, especially for a team so many think has a chance to win games in the tournament.

If you just look at the score, I agree it seems bad. To only look at the score, however, would lead one to believe we were never in the game but we were. Creighton eventually wore us down and made it ugly. They couldnt have played much better. We on the other hand had lots of room for improvement. Not the least of which is an improvement in depth when we get two of our main contributors back in Akoh and Falls. If Creighton continues to play as they have been and we play well in the non-con and conference schedules and get a 13-14 seed we could easily be playing a lesser team than Creighton in the first round. Yeah I know there are some “ifs” there. So what? Have some optimism, its good for you.

Back