• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nice Game and Comeback Win for Lady Griz

PlayerRep

Beat a very good and tall Davis team, 62-56. Played well the whole game. Team effort. Everyone played well and contributed.

Jace Henderson was MVP of tourney and very tough under the basket in the tall timber today. Got 14 points in 40 minutes, on 7-8 shooting. Stockholm had 12 rebounds, a key shot (banked in at the end of the shot clock late in the game), and 13 points. Best I've ever seen her play. MacKenzie played 40 minutes and made the all-tourney game. 15 points, 5 assists and 2 TO. She is a cool calm player. Gabby Harrington played a lot and had 14. Looked much better than against South Dakota, where she played only a minute after running out the court to upchuck in a garbage can, due to the flu.

Shoot 42% and 20%. 43 rebounds including 13 offense. 36 for Davis.

Two good games in a row. I didn't attend yesterday's game. This one was the best I've seen the LG play in a long time. They played hard and with confidence and determination.

Schoening and Stiles still not suited up. Played 9 players.

Great crowd. Very loud and appreciative.

All or most of the men's team in attendance for the whole game. Timmy Falls there.

Thanks Jack. Not much Griz news in the desert. Appreciate all that contribute to egriz info.

PlayerRep said:
Beat a very good and tall Davis team, 62-56. Played well the whole game. Team effort. Everyone played well and contributed.

Jace Henderson was MVP of tourney and very tough under the basket in the tall timber today. Got 14 points in 40 minutes, on 7-8 shooting. Stockholm had 12 rebounds, a key shot (banked in at the end of the shot clock late in the game), and 13 points. Best I've ever seen her play. MacKenzie played 40 minutes and made the all-tourney game. 15 points, 5 assists and 2 TO. She is a cool calm player. Gabby Harrington played a lot and had 14. Looked much better than against South Dakota, where she played only a minute after running out the court to upchuck in a garbage can, due to the flu.

Two good games in a row. I didn't attend yesterday's game. This one was the best I've seen the LG play in a long time. They played hard and with confidence and determination.

All or most of the men's team in attendance for the whole game. Timmy Falls there.

Rumble around the Arena from people who know: Stiles is seriously thinking about red-shirting this year, given that she has lost a significant portion of the season.

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

Rumble around the Arena from people who know: Stiles is seriously thinking about red-shirting this year, given that she has lost a significant portion of the season.

And I heard someone say Shannon was in favor of Stiles red shirting. But it is always or nearly always, up to the player to red shirt.

I actually am in favor of her red shirting even though the lady Griz could use her this year. This is because I would like to watch her play for 3 more years instead of 2 1/2 more years.

TrueGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

And I heard someone say Shannon was in favor of Stiles red shirting. But it is always or nearly always, up to the player to red shirt.

I actually am in favor of her red shirting even though the lady Griz could use her this year. This is because I would like to watch her play for 3 more years instead of 2 1/2 more years.

I just heard Bobby H. scream "The Hell it is!", and I'm east of the Divide...

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
TrueGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

Shannon isn't Bobby H. Robin Selvig never forced a player to red shirt if the player did not want to, and I can only assume Shannon is the same. And I hope you realise that I am referring to the player choosing not to red shirt. Not the case where the player wants to red shirt and coach needs the player to play this year.

TrueGriz said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
TrueGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:

Shannon isn't Bobby H. Robin Selvig never forced a player to red shirt if the player did not want to, and I can only assume Shannon is the same. And I hope you realise that I am referring to the player choosing not to red shirt. I worded the above a little wrong. Not the case where the player wants to red shirt and coach needs the player to play this year.

TrueGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

Sophia waited longer than most to have her surgery because she wanted it done by a specific surgeon in Florida, consequently her full recovery is later in the year than it could have been. As she missed all of summer and fall practice, and probably is still not going full-bore, and it will take her a while to get game ready. It makes sense that she red-shirt. I would rather she error on the side of caution, and give that knee the extra time to fully strengthen. We all know what happened to Kayleigh Valley when she tried to push it.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
TrueGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

:lol: :lol:

Back