• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Terae Briggs - Nevada - Plenty Coups HS

PlayerRep

Made the all tourney team at the Lady Griz tourney. Scored 22 and 19. 6 and 10 rebonds.

She's 6'3".

https://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/plenty-coups-standout-signs-with-nevada/article_22789eee-0ebf-5fce-923d-3a391adb0aae.html

Exhibit "A" in why I no longer follow the Lady Griz.

Too few women of color.

Too many excuses for why this is so.

One of which is, "We don't have the recruiting budget!"

And now: A Montana girl who could really help our program playing instead for Nevada-Reno.

What's the excuse now?

casewinter13 said:
They didn't offer Terae?

No, Lady Griz did not offer her. Montana State is the only Division 1 team to offer her a scholarship, but obviously, she did not accept it. All the rest of the offers came from lower division teams. Nice that she played well in the Lady Griz tourney, but she only averaged 8.5 points last year as a junior leading Nevada.
She transfered to Nevada after her freshman year.

It would be nice to have more diversity, but just to add players of a different color just to add diversity I don't believe in.

TrueGriz said:
casewinter13 said:
They didn't offer Terae?

No, Lady Griz did not offer her. Montana State is the only Division 1 team to offer her a scholarship, but obviously, she did not accept it. All the rest of the offers came from lower division teams. Nice that she played well in the Lady Griz tourney, but she only averaged 8.5 points last year as a junior leading Nevada.
She transfered to Nevada after her freshman year.

It would be nice to have more diversity, but just to add players of a different color just to add diversity I don't believe in.

I don't know what occurred, and don't fault anyone, but Terae, this year, would be a huge help for the LG. Based on seeing her in the tourney last weekend.

Back