• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Katie Mayhue - a rising star?

HookedonGriz

DONOR
I’ve been able to take in some Lady Griz games and have been really impressed with Katie Mayhue. She is a true freshman, has been starting, and has been getting substantial minutes. Some here may recall that she was an Oregon State commit but they yanked her scholarship out from underneath her, so we were lucky to land her.

You can tell she is still adjusting to the college game, but she is averaging 7.5 pts per game and shooting 42% from 3. She can get to the hoop and drain it from deep and seems to play pretty good defense. From what I can see, she has tremendous potential and should be an excellent player for the Lady Griz

I noticed her sharp play as well. Young lady looks like she has a real sense of the game.

Star in the making. Didn't shoot too well in the game against UC Davis but one of her 2 baskets was a nice drive to the basket for a layup that most of the Lady Griz players would have a hard time doing.

Think she made the running floater down the lane late in the game when LG needed a bucket. Great and tough shot.

Looks like Katie and Henderson are going to help a lot this year. Really taking minutes away from Taylor G. who's shooting woes continue.

Latest posts

Back