• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Timmy Falls Sighting!!

Sometimes he gets going so fast, that he gets ahead of himself.
Man I tell you what though, if younger kids would watch him and his ball fakes on his passes. He moves the whole defense with his ball fakes, very simple part of the game that has pretty much been lost in today's game.
Watch him stand flat footed and simply fake the pass one way or the other, whole defense moves, he's a natural passer for sure, reads the defense very well.

He makes some of the best passes you've ever seen, but also equally some of the the dumbest passes imaginable. He had 3 assists, but 4 turnovers, and I think all 4 were needless daring pass attempts. He seems addicted to attempting to make amazing passes, but at this rate someone needs to reign him in.

Timmy has 14 assists, 15 turnovers on the season. If you aren't, at least, 2-1 Assists/Turn-overs you are a detriment as a ball-handler/play-maker. "Quit trying to be a hot-dog and just play a basic game until you can actually benefit your team with your genius passing" would be my advice.

Oguine is 23/10 & Rorie is 29/12 in the same categories in case you were wondering.

Zirg said:
He makes some of the best passes you've ever seen, but also equally some of the the dumbest passes imaginable. He had 3 assists, but 4 turnovers, and I think all 4 were needless daring pass attempts. He seems addicted to attempting to make amazing passes, but at this rate someone needs to reign him in.

2 of Falls' TO were passes on the perimeter. One a fairly short pass. One a skip pass. Not "needless daring" passes. Your hyperbole and incorrect info undercut your arguments end points. Little of what you say is believable, in my view.

At least, 2 of his assists were amazing passes.

I agree he needs to reduce TO.

Article on Falls. Quotes from him.

https://www.skylinesportsmt.com/griz-guard-falls-misses-creighton-game-learns-from-absence/

And there's this. DeCuire believes Falls is UM's best perimeter defender.

"In UM’s last two games, both losses, the Griz have been without Jamar Akoh and Timmy Falls, who DeCuire described as “our two best defenders.”

“Timmy is the guy that slides his feet and can contain the best penetrator,” DeCuire said. “Jamar, on the backside, quarterbacks everything. He’s our best communicator, our best defender on the ball screens out of the post, and those two things are what make us go.”

https://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/halfway-through-nonconference-schedule-decuire-sees-room-for-growth/article_b6dede40-8849-5afc-8a03-d01606d33277.html

Timmy has a high risk/high reward passing game. He makes some of the best passes you’ll see on the floor, but then will make a mistake here and there with them as well. I still think he’s got the best court vision on the team and is a blast to watch. We are lucky to have him. Asking him to dial back his passing is like asking him to quit being Timmy Falls.

HookedonGriz said:
Timmy has a high risk/high reward passing game. He makes some of the best passes you’ll see on the floor, but then will make a mistake here and there with them as well. I still think he’s got the best court vision on the team and is a blast to watch. We are lucky to have him. Asking him to dial back his passing is like asking him to quit being Timmy Falls.

This.

Back