• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eddy Egun Article

Griz1

On the gogriz.com there is a nice article on Eddy Egun written by Glenn Junkert. I am excited to see this young man develop. He appears to have a great attitude and a selfless desire to help the team. This is the type of young men that Travis has brought into our basketball program since his return. We are so fortunate to have a coach that recruits the quality individuals that he has brought into the program. They represent Montana well on the court, in the classroom and in the community. I am thankful they are Griz.

Recruiting is never a "100% success enterprise," but I really do believe coach DeCuire's entire staff focus with academic performance, character and willingness to work very hard in practice as principal starting points. That gives them a head start. Don't know where this group will rank in the Big Sky academically this year, but I'll wager within the top third.

[media]https://twitter.com/quartzglen/status/1070539020839542785[/media]

He could go from redshirt to 6th man in one season. Really excited about him. Seems like a swiss army knife kind of player. Not excellent at anything but good to great at everything.

I would describe our California recruiting pre-DeCuire as an occasional drip--Will Cherry, Kareem Jamarr, Mario Dunn.

I would describe it post-DeCuire as a steady flow: Oguine, Falls, Pridgett, Akoh (can't forget about him), Egun, Carter-Hollinger, Owens, Vazquez.

And speaking of Cherry, he is pretty much the starting point guard for the Santa Cruz Warriors, the Warriors's G League team. Still can't shoot, but fills up the stat sheet with steals, rebounds and assists.

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20181130/TEXSCW/

And one other thing. Remember when it was reported that Cherry had signed with the Warriors, but he denied it? Turns out, the reporting was more valid than what Cherry said.

Back