• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dorsey

Colonelhick said:
Why didn’t Dorsey make the trip or play at UC Irvine?
He brings another asset to the court...

Someone mentioned he was sick so didn't make the trip.

AllWeatherFan said:
AZDoc said:
Colonelhick said:
Why didn’t Dorsey make the trip or play at UC Irvine?
He brings another asset to the court...

Someone mentioned he was sick so didn't make the trip.

That "someone" was the Missoulian.

Oh really? I just read it here and didn't pay attention to the source. Well shoot...grades then? hahaha. kidding, kidding.

I don't know anything about his personal situation, but he doesn't seem to have as big a role as I think a lot of people were speculating. I have only seen him a few times, so I have no personal opinion about whether he can or can't play at this level, but he definitely hasn't stepped up and demanded more time or made himself invaluable. I think his value and future is a huge question mark right now.

Zirg said:
I don't know anything about his personal situation, but he doesn't seem to have as big a role as I think a lot of people were speculating. I have only seen him a few times, so I have no personal opinion about whether he can or can't play at this level, but he definitely hasn't stepped up and demanded more time or made himself invaluable. I think his value and future is a huge question mark right now.
Agree. He's going to have to show more before I'm gonna get excited about the possibility of him getting a med-redshirt year.

The Huskies took last or second to last in the PAC 12 with the No. 1 pick in the entire NBA draft on their squad a couple years ago...and Dorsey left that team presumably to get more playing time at Montana.

Maynardsgametrail said:
Anyone have any news on Dorsey? He’s quietly vanished. Still on the bench but is usually in street clothes.

Looked like he had his hand wrapped in the SUU game. Might be a little dinged up.

Shocking that a guy with cancer and two hip surgeries causing him not to play competitive basketball in 2 years would show some rust. Played well last night.

casewinter13 said:
Shocking that a guy with cancer and two hip surgeries causing him not to play competitive basketball in 2 years would show some rust. Played well last night.
I thought he played really well. With more playing time and play like that, he could add significantly to our depth. Showed the potential people thought he had. Smooth.

bigforkgriz said:
casewinter13 said:
I thought he played really well. With more playing time and play like that, he could add significantly to our depth. Showed the potential people thought he had. Smooth.
He did play well and does not get out of position. He came in for Akoh some last night and I think we will be seeing more of him in that role.

Mousegriz said:
The Huskies took last or second to last in the PAC 12 with the No. 1 pick in the entire NBA draft on their squad a couple years ago...and Dorsey left that team presumably to get more playing time at Montana.

Was he always this fat? He doesn't even look like he's in tip-top shape.

Zirg said:
Mousegriz said:

How did you arrive at that conclusion? :? He sure does not look out of shape to me (I have season tickets and go to all of the games.)

GrizWhiz said:
Zirg said:
Mousegriz said:

How did you arrive at that conclusion? :? He sure does not look out of shape to me (I have season tickets and go to all of the games.)

As you know, Dorsey doesn't look fat at all. Fairly lean. Listed at 6'7", 217. Akoh is listed at 6'8", 253.

PlayerRep said:
GrizWhiz said:
Zirg said:
Mousegriz said:

As you know, Dorsey doesn't look fat at all. Fairly lean. Listed at 6'7", 217. Akoh is listed at 6'8", 253.

Well what I listed for height and weight in official team press releases and what is reality isn't always the same and I don't know what Dorsey looked like before, but he just kinda looks sluggish sometimes and if he was playing as well as Akoh I'm sure I wouldn't be so nitpicky. Is he lean? Is he a little overweight? Is he a post player? Is he an outside shooting wizard? I guess I still can't figure out who he really is.

Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
GrizWhiz said:
Zirg said:

Well what I listed for height and weight in official team press releases and what is reality isn't always the same and I don't know what Dorsey looked like before, but he just kinda looks sluggish sometimes and if he was playing as well as Akoh I'm sure I wouldn't be so nitpicky. Is he lean? Is he a little overweight? Is he a post player? Is he an outside shooting wizard? I guess I still can't figure out who he really is.
Good God Man.....this young man missed two years of playing largely because of a very serious illness. He, by all accounts has a great attitude and seems very supportive of his teammates. Earlier in the season Travis referred to him as being away so long it was like he was coming out of retirement. Have you actually seen him play in person? Your statement that he is "fat" is way out of line. :(

Zirg said:
Mousegriz said:

Do you go to the games? Have you actually seen him? There is no way he is fat! :roll:

Back