• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Recruiting: 4 Signed & 4 Transfers

Paytonlives

Staff member
2019 Transfers (4)
PG- Naseem Gaskin 6'3" 180 (Utah Transfer) (2 3-Star) (Sit one play 3?)
F- Yagizhan "Yagi" Selchuk 6'8" (Towson Transfer) (2 2-Star) (Will play in 2019-20)
F- Michael Steadman 6' 10" 225 (San Jose Transfer) (2 2-Star) Sit one/ Play one)
F- Jared Samuelson 6'7" (Rocky Transfer/ Ex Griz) (one to play one)

2019 HS Signees (4)
SG- DJ Carter 6'6" 190 (Foothill Christian HS) San Diego, CA (3-Star)
SG- Josh Vazquez 6'3" (Bishop Montgomery HS) Torrance, CA (2-Stars)
SF- Kyle Owens 6’6” 190 (Crespi HS) Enchino, CA (2-Stars)
G- Jett Briceno 6'4 (Kentridge HS) Kent, WA

2020 HS Signees (4)
PG-Brandon Whitney 6'1" 165 (Bishop Alemany HS) Mission Hills, CA (2-Star) (2020)
SG-Robby Beasley 6'1" (Dublin, HS) Dublin, CA (2 3-Star) (2020)
F- Josh Bannan 6'9" (Centre of Excellence HS) Melbourne, Australia (2-Star)
SG- Hunter Clarke 6'6" (Centre of Excellence HS) Canberra, Australia (2-Star)

Verballed elsewhere (21)
--PG Andre Henry 6'1" 155 (St. Francis HS) Canada Flintridge, CA (2-Star) (UC Irvine)
--PG Dalton Banks (Eau Claire North HS) Minnesota (Southern Illinois)
--PG Chance McMillian 6'3" 170 (Prolific Prep) Vallejo, CA (Grand Canyon)
--PG Rollie Worster 6'3" (Hellgate HS) Missoula, MT (2-Stars) (Utah State)
--PG Donavan Yap 6'3" (Arbor View HS) Las Vegas, NV (UNLV)
--PG Yassine Gharram 6'2" 175 (Foothills Christian) San Diego, CA (2-Stars) (Yale)
--SG Peyton Watson 6'5" (Long Beach Poly HS) Long Beach, CA (2-Star) (Other)
--SG Quincey McGriff 6'5" 205 (Santa Monica HS) Los Angeles, CA (2-Star) (Other)
--SG Shane Nowell (Eastside Catholic HS) Sammamish, WA (2021) (Washington)
--SG Xavier Dusell 6'4" 175 (Mesquite HS) Gilbert, AZ (2-Star) (Northern Colorado)
--SG Jabe Mullins 6'5" 180 (Mount Si HS) Snoqualmie, WA (2-Star) (Saint Mary's)
--SG Javonte Johnson Colorado Springs, CO (2020) (New Mexico Sate)
--SG Keith Dinwiddie 6'2" 175 (Culver City HS) Culver City, CA (San Diego State)
--SG Lamont Butler 5'10" (Riverside Poly HS) Riverside, CA (SDSU)
--F Osasere Ighodaro 6'9" (Desert Vista HS) Pheonix, AZ (247 4-Star) (Marquette)
--PF JT" John Thomas Tan 6'9" (Rolling Hills Prep) San Pedro, CA (2020) (Lehigh)
--PF Kendall Munson 6'8" 215(Puyallup HS) Puyallup, WA (247 3-Star) (Pepperdine)
--PF Jhaylon Martinez 6'10 (Vandan HS) Fairfield, CA (247 3-Star) (UNLV)
--PF Dain Dainja 6'9" 250 (Park Center Senior HS) Brooklyn Park, MN (4-Star) (Baylor)--
--C Bradley Ezewiro 6' 8" (Bishop Montgomery HS) Long Beach, CA (2020) (Not in his top 6)
--C Mitchell Saxen 6'9" 200 (Ingraham International HS) Seattle, WA (247 3-Stars) (Saint Mary's)
--MarJon Beauchamp 6'5" 160 (Nathan Hale HS) Yakima, WA (2020) (Alabama)

I'm pretty new to understanding recruiting, but does it seem like there needs to be more offers for PF and C? I've noticed that when the Griz play P5 teams they are just outsized and outmatched in the paint. I know guards are key, but if the Sweet 16 is the goal then I'd like to see more focus on the inside. Thoughts?

griznative24 said:
I'm pretty new to understanding recruiting, but does it seem like there needs to be more offers for PF and C? I've noticed that when the Griz play P5 teams they are just outsized and outmatched in the paint. I know guards are key, but if the Sweet 16 is the goal then I'd like to see more focus on the inside. Thoughts?

Well, yeah, but there isn't quite the abundance of Bigger, talented guys. The better bigs tend to go to bigger time schools. We've taken chances on some bigs but most haven't panned out. Glad we have Akoh. I would actually like to see more minutes for Mack and Ben this year.

PeauxRouge said:
griznative24 said:

Well, yeah, but there isn't quite the abundance of Bigger, talented guys. The better bigs tend to go to bigger time schools. We've taken chances on some bigs but most haven't panned out. Glad we have Akoh. I would actually like to see more minutes for Mack and Ben this year.

I was mostly wondering why we aren't offering more. Too risky since more athletic bigs go to bigger schools? Akoh is great, we could use a 7ft version of him tho :lol: :lol: :lol:

[media]https://twitter.com/HoopReview/status/1081777123864469511[/media]

He de-committed from Nevada. Has received a bunch of offers after that including Saint Louis since then. He had offers from a few pac 12 schools, ACC and Big East before choosing Nevada. From what I can see he has been tearing it up this fall/winter. Would be a great addition to this already amazing class!

2019 Arkansas interest Dischon Thomas continues to impress

2019 Arkansas interest Dischon Thomas (6-9 forward, Hillcrest Prep in Phoenix) had a strong run at the end of December, and Arkansas coaches were on hand to see at least one of his games.

With Arkansas associate head coach Melvin Watkins and assistant coach Scotty Thurman watching, Thomas scored 17 points in Hillcrest's 61-55 win over Prolific Prep on Dec. 20 at the Tarkanian Classic in Las Vegas, then Thomas had 18 points (5-of-6 field goals and 8-of-8 free throws) and 9 rebounds the following day in Hillcrest's 70-61 win over Findlay Prep in the championship gam of the National division of the Tarkanian Classic.

Thomas was back it over the weekend with three impressive games at the Chik-fil-A Classic basketball tournament in South Carolina: He had 21 points (7-of-13 field goals including 1-of-3 from 3, plus 6-of-7 free throws), 11 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 1 steal in a 64-54 loss against St. Benedicts (NJ); he had 19 points (8-of-11 field goals including 2-of-4 from 3, plus 1of-1 free throws), 9 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal, and 1 assist in Hillcrest's 57-56 loss to Memphis East while playing head-to-head against 2019 National Top 3 / 5-star prospect James Wiseman; and finally he had 23 points and 17 rebounds in Hillcrest's 95-83 win over 2019 National No. 1 / 5-star prospect Anthony Edwards and Holy Spirit Prep.

"I've been texting back and forth with coach Thurman after every game," Thomas said Saturday after being named to the Chik-fil-A Classic all-tourney team. "I'm not sure yet (about a visit date to Arkansas), but I definitely want to visit and see what it's like. Coach Thurman is definitely looking forward to coming back out to Arizona to check me out."

Thomas, who is averaging a double-double in scoring and rebounds for Hillcrest, had pledged to Nevada but decommitted from the Wolfpack in August. He holds offers from UNLV, St. Louis, Southern Illinois, and others with Arkansas, St. Mary's, and Hawaii among the programs showing recent interest.

Yes, no doubt looks to be a great offensive player. But can he defend? Joking of course but I doubt we’ll have much success in getting him to Montana. But we can dream.

flatheadedgriz said:
MtTarheel said:
https://verbalcommits.com/players/jonah-antonio

We need shooters and this kid can shoot.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_6NdNUesJE&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Didn't shoot a great percentage as a freshman at Mount St. Mary's (33.8) but averaged 11 ppg with 8 of 10 shots a game being threes.

i do love the griz said:
mtgrizrule said:
Yagi might be 2019. I think he starts school at Montana this semester.

He is currently shown in the UM directory as a student.

He's at UM, and it's been announced. He sits on the bench at games in street clothes. Think I read that he was able to come this semester without a scholarship. Obviously, he practices with the team.

Back