• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Get to Dahlberg This Saturday!

tourist said:
Q: Are there any seats available?
A: Approximately 4,000 unsold seats from Thursdays game.
3381; not so good for classic beatdown of Idaho.

3% of the metro area population. Avg. is 3200 so far this year. 3919 last year. Top of the BSC both years.

Not excusing the poor attendance at the Griz games, but ... watch virtually any college game on TV (except the power schools like Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, Gonzaga and a couple others), and there's nobody in the stands at those games either. People just don't seem to go to college basketball games anymore. I have no explanations, just my observations.

Good observations. I would have never known....because...…..I don't watch much basketball(except bits of an occasional Griz game). Facts are stubborn things. I'll let those who think they can explain everything take a shot at this one. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Assume some of.you also received blast emails from UM athletics this week, purporting to be from DeCuire, urging people to come to the games this week. I got one. My wife got a different one. I don't recall getting emails like this in the psst. It seemed like a good idea to me.

The extreme cold and icy roads, parking lots and sidewalks, may be impacting attendance, especially for some of the older fans.

I think today is the day of the dance team season/lessons for kids, and then the kids perform at halftime. So, there will be a lot of parents at the game.

My wife and I, and a couple younger ex-Griz friends, will be there. I assume the guys will be motivated for revenge.

Hope they show the halftime kids' performance on Pluto. If I wasn't in California, I'd be there to see my granddaughter for sure.

tourist said:
3% of the metro area population. Avg. is 3200 so far this year. 3919 last year. Top of the BSC both years.

Actually, we are a distant second in the Big Sky for Mens Basketball attendance
The dWeebs are averaging 6690 at home games

source: https://static.bigskyconf.com/custompages/mbball/2018-19/confldrs.htm

Bear Axed said:
tourist said:

Actually, we are a distant second in the Big Sky for Mens Basketball attendance
The dWeebs are averaging 6690 at home games

source: https://static.bigskyconf.com/custompages/mbball/2018-19/confldrs.htm

I think they would admit to being a basketball school. Nice facility. Football stadium is literally crumbling away(east side). With all their recent success on the field, they only averaged 8260 for seven home games, two of which were playoffs(8838 and 7726). For better or worse, they are in the SLC Metro area, and compete with UU for entertainment dollars. UM has no such competition, but have an area about 1/15 the size for potential fans.

misterb said:
Hope they show the halftime kids' performance on Pluto. If I wasn't in California, I'd be there to see my granddaughter for sure.

They usually do... Saw gymnastic, 5th grade ball game and super skippers this year already

Paytonlives said:
misterb said:

They usually do... Saw gymnastic, 5th grade ball game and super skippers this year already
That trampoline pad the Gymnasts used was amazing

Paytonlives said:
misterb said:

Looks like mini-me cheerleaders. Hope you got to see her.

Bear Axed said:
Paytonlives said:
misterb said:

That trampoline pad the Gymnasts used was amazing

Yes, Yes it was...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1pIO4_lUY

misterb said:

Did you get to see your granddaughter? The kids sure were cute.

Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:
misterb said:

Looks like mini-me cheerleaders. Hope you got to see her.

I did see her; it was great. Pleased that the camera work was actually pretty good ... not just a fixed wide shot of the court.

Back