• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Horrible News Out of Bozeman

i do love the griz

[media]https://twitter.com/shaunrainey/status/1094085580047015936?s=21[/media]

I feel absolutely horrible for Coach Fish. While I can’t stand him as a coach, I would never wish this on anyone. Prayers to the Fish family and the MSU basketball/athletic community.

According to the Bozeman Chronicle website she passed away in Florida and the death is still under investigation!

My condolences and prayers are with the Fish family! It's one thing to lose a child, but to lose one and not know how or why is another thing altogether!!

Tragic beyond words. This transcends any sport or rivalry. Such heart-breaking news. I hope they can somehow find peace. My condolences to the Fish family and their larger bobcat family.

I can’t imagine a worse pain then the loss of a child. It’s not supposed to be that way. I’d probably lose all will to live for awhile. Prayers for the family for peace and understanding.

What a bummer. I hope the Cats play extra hard at 2 today. I assume it will be an emotional game for the coach and team.

PlayerRep said:
What a bummer. I hope the Cats play extra hard at 2 today. I assume it will be an emotional game for the coach and team.

Agreed. That being said, Coach Fish is obviously a stronger man than I. Everyone grieves differently, but how in the heck do you coach a basketball game the day after your child's death? Can't imagine the pain he's going through. Perhaps his way of coping? Prayers for him and his family.

Griz2k said:
PlayerRep said:

Agreed. That being said, Coach Fish is obviously a stronger man than I. Everyone grieves differently, but how in the heck do you coach a basketball game the day after your child's death? Can't imagine the pain he's going through. Perhaps his way of coping? Prayers for him and his family.

When we lost a young child, my wife and I just got up from the floor after the funeral and kept doing our normal life, while getting great support from family and friends. One day at a time. There didn't seem to be any reason not to do that, or to do little or nothing and dwell on it. We also had 4 other kids to deal with, and had a 5th a couple years later. The pain doesn't go away, but time does heal.

PlayerRep said:
Griz2k said:
PlayerRep said:

When we lost a young child, my wife and I just got up from the floor after the funeral and kept doing our normal life, while getting great support from family and friends. One day at a time. There didn't seem to be any reason not to do that, or to do little or nothing and dwell on it. We also had 4 other kids to deal with, and had a 5th a couple years later. The pain doesn't go away, but time does heal.

I suppose you just have to don't you. I pray that I never have to experience that as you and so many others have.

Cats win 86-72 in what had to be a very somber afternoon. Congrats to them and Coach Fish.

Unbelievably difficult press conference for a heartbroken Brian Fish.

“There was no bigger fan of the Bobcats than my daughter,” Fish said. “I told everybody in the locker room if there’s someone special in their life, they should call them or text them tonight and tell them thanks. Because for the first time in my life, I don’t have a text waiting for me telling me, ‘Great job dad, you’re my hero.

“My job as a head coach is to help people, challenge people, get them out of their comfort zone, help people reach their goals, help them be success. Today, I didn’t do it. I couldn’t.

“Those guys, the trainers, the coaches, the trainers, the strength coaches, our team doctor, (sports information director) Bill (Lamberty), those guys lifted me up. I don’t have words for it.

“I did it because for an hour and 45 minutes, I got a chance to escape and I got to be around 12 guys who I love to be around. They are fun to coach, they are fun to be around and they are so fun to help get better.

“My wife and I, this is our team, this is my daughter’s team, this is something she loved and this is something we chose to do. And if you don’t understand that, I respect that, but please understand what we did and why I coached today.”

No questions, here Coach Fish. Never respected you more than today.

Back