• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bracketeers-Fox and Bracketology-Lunardi

rocklobster

I was just looking online at different brackets. Interesting that Bracketeering has Montana as a 13 seed; and Lunardi has them as a 15 seed. I’d say Lunardi is more realistic, but nice to see Montana higher in the other publication.
Lots of work to do for the Griz, but they are trending up! Go Griz!

Bracketeers
WEST-

Gonzaga 1 Gonzaga (22-2)
UC Irvine 16 UC Irvine (20-5)

Mississippi State 8 Mississippi State (16-6)
Texas 9 Texas (13-10)

LSU 5 LSU (18-4)
New Mexico State 12 New Mexico State (19-4)

Nevada 4 Nevada (22-1)
Montana 13 Montana (16-6)

Iowa 6 Iowa (18-5)
UCF 11 UCF (16-5)

Virginia Tech 3 Virginia Tech (18-4)
South Dakota State 14 South Dakota State (19-6)

Buffalo 7 Buffalo (19-3)
Utah State 10 Utah State (18-5)

Michigan 2 Michigan (21-2)
Old Dominion 15 Old Dominion (19-6)

PROJECTED BRACKETS-Bracketology

1Virginia
16Sam Houston State

8Washington
9TCU

5Texas Tech
12Davidson

4Marquette
13South Dakota State

6Florida State
11Lipscomb

3Purdue
14Bowling Green

7Cincinnati
10Minnesota

2Kentucky
15Montana

Lunardi is an asshat. He ALWAYS has the bsc too low.

And hmmmm, someone remind me, what happened last time we played Nevada in the first (now second) round?

EverettGriz said:
Lunardi is an asshat. He ALWAYS has the bsc too low.

And hmmmm, someone remind me, what happened last time we played Nevada in the first (now second) round?

I remember! It would be nice! Against Fazekas and company! SDSU almost beast Nevada in Reno!

Big Sage said:
I can’t ever seem to find any footage of our win against Nevada in the Dance

I remember listening to that game while at work, and getting NOTHING done that afternoon.

'68griz said:
Big Sage said:
I remember listening to that game while at work, and getting NOTHING done that afternoon.
Old saying: Be careful what you wish for.

Nevada has almost doubled up New Mexico at halftime, 51-26. UNM is down this year, but Nevada is a really good team (we've seen them play several times now). And they have a huge chip on their shoulder, so they'd be no bargain in a first round game.

IdaGriz01 said:
'68griz said:
Big Sage said:

Nevada has almost doubled up New Mexico at halftime, 51-26. UNM is down this year, but Nevada is a really good team (we've seen them play several times now). And they have a huge chip on their shoulder, so they'd be no bargain in a first round game.

You should check Nevada's only loss and the final score of that game

PeauxRouge said:
IdaGriz01 said:
'68griz said:
Big Sage said:

Not sure of your point. True, they went into Albuquerque and got clobbered by 27 points. That’s a tough place to play, even when UNM is down, like they are this year. So this is a revenge game … which Nevada won by 29.

But other than that one loss, they’ve beat a pretty good BYU (16-10) by 16 points, as well as wins over some other teams with winning records. They’re good enough to be ranked 6th in the AP and coaches polls, and 13th in the NET.

IdaGriz01 said:
PeauxRouge said:
IdaGriz01 said:
'68griz said:

Not sure of your point. True, they went into Albuquerque and got clobbered by 27 points. That’s a tough place to play, even when UNM is down, like they are this year. So this is a revenge game … which Nevada won by 29.

But other than that one loss, they’ve beat a pretty good BYU (16-10) by 16 points, as well as wins over some other teams with winning records. They’re good enough to be ranked 6th in the AP and coaches polls, and 13th in the NET.

And Weber beat BYU by 10.

Often a BSC school will drop in at a 14 pretty easily. because we are not the worst of the worst of 1 bid conferences...those schools usually take up the 16 and most the 15 seeds. If the BSC winner is someone with any real mid major credibility then its pretty easy to get a 14 seed. Montana and Weber are around tourney talk enough to where we usually don't fall to a 15/16 unless there are a lot of dumb losses. Other bsc don't have past tourney credibility nor do they usually have any mid major credibility. If the griz get to the tourney we are a 14, unless we lose a couple more games. I could see us bump up to a 13 if we win out...doubt we could reach a 12 just too many losses...we killed ourselves with the EWU and PSU loss.

BTW with the way this team plays down to the comp....man...idk how comfortable I am thinking we are gonna win the tourney in boise

mtgrizfankb said:
Often a BSC school will drop in at a 14 pretty easily. because we are not the worst of the worst of 1 bid conferences...those schools usually take up the 16 and most the 15 seeds. If the BSC winner is someone with any real mid major credibility then its pretty easy to get a 14 seed. Montana and Weber are around tourney talk enough to where we usually don't fall to a 15/16 unless there are a lot of dumb losses. Other bsc don't have past tourney credibility nor do they usually have any mid major credibility. If the griz get to the tourney we are a 14, unless we lose a couple more games. I could see us bump up to a 13 if we win out...doubt we could reach a 12 just too many losses...we killed ourselves with the EWU and PSU loss.

BTW with the way this team plays down to the comp....man...idk how comfortable I am thinking we are gonna win the tourney in boise

Agreed. Think it would be tough to even get to 13.

PlayerRep said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Agreed. Think it would be tough to even get to 13.

14 is just about normal for a 1 bid conference team with low to mid mid-major profile. 13 is able when you start to make noise on mid major polls or atleast 1 big upset in the year. we would have been on that track easy if we rolled bsc play...maybe even a loss to weber or ncu. but EWU is average BSC which is a BAD loss and PSU is an awful loss. this team is a 12-13 caliber team but probably would be a 14 if we make it

mtgrizfankb said:

We'd better hope Akoh is 100% healthy and stays out of foul trouble. Otherwise? We're screwed...

mtgrizfankb said:

Obviously they have to actually win the tournament, but Montana is the only team at this point to expect to at least make it all the way. Weber State is just an up-and-down team with possibly three league teams that more-or-less have their number (0-2 vs. SUU, 1-1 vs. PSU---but both games close, 0-1 vs Montana). Northern Colorado is stable, but if you look at their boxscores and season averages, it's really just Jordan Davis and the hope that enough nominal production from the rest of that team will be enough for a win---their scoring margin is 7 points lower than Montana's, meaning they're winning, but not by much.

Really the only matchup Montana probably wants to avoid is EWU. I don't think EWU has Montana's number, but they matchup better with Montana than all teams other than Weber, and they're on an upward trajectory performance-wise, which makes it hard to gauge exactly who they are.

grizpsych said:
End of the day, Montana has to win the tournament before any bracket discussion.
Yep. No way, no how, the Big Sky gets an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament.

Be "nice" if the Griz wins the regular season (at least offering an NIT bid), but the conference tournament win is all that matters for the Big Dance. After that, we can talk seriously about details like the seed and opponent.

PlayerRep said:
IdaGriz01 said:
PeauxRouge said:
IdaGriz01 said:

And Weber beat BYU by 10.
And Gonzaga beat BYU by 30-at BYU. Just sayin'.

Back