• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bracketology 2019

Gaeilge1

As everyone knows there are still 5 weeks to go in the NCAA basketball regular season. However that has not stopped early speculation over how tournament bracket may look in 5 weeks, particularly with the release of the Division 1 Committee's current top 16 over the weekend.

Today SB Nation published their completed bracket for 2019. As of today they have UM as the 15 seed in the East opening against number 2 seed Michigan i. Des Moines, IA!

I really have no comment other than just reporting this and opening a discussion. I would hope that if they win out and win the BSC tourney that the Griz would be ranked higher than a 15 seed. On the other hand I would not be totally against another shot at Michigan!

One thing is clear; SB Nation views the BSC as a one bid league!

Yeah, I saw that topic, but felt this was a bit different. I was more interested in discussion on a potential rematch with Michigan as a possibility rather than an actual specific seed. Probably could have made the intent more clear. Just thought it was interesting as a possibility.

If the word on Akoh is true, we’re a loooooong way from worrying about a matchup with Michigan.

AZGrizFan said:
If the word on Akoh is true, we’re a loooooong way from worrying about a matchup with Michigan.

Probably no longer favorite to make the dance. Akoh was clearly the MVP of this team. We could afford to lose a guard but not Akon.

ordigger said:
AZGrizFan said:
Probably no longer favorite to make the dance. Akoh was clearly the MVP of this team. We could afford to lose a guard but not Akon.
Have to agree.

The game at Weber will likely tell the tale. If Akoh can't play, but the Griz can still win somehow, then a conference tournament win is still not out of the question. (Weber clearly has its own problems.) Otherwise, things do not look good.

Gotta think that the hope is that Donovan Dorsey can take that spot in the lineup. While no one can replicate what Akoh brings to this team, if Dorsey can hit the outside shot like he did last game that adds a different dynamic to the team that could possibly make up for the lack of a consistent inside out game that Akoh's presence provided. I still have hope that if they can adjust quickly they can still be the dominant team in the Big Sky.

Back