• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz Signee: DJ Carter POY

all i could think while watching this..
This is the kind of talent that allows a program to make a significant jump

No kidding, driftwood. I am hoping that the additions of DJ Carter-Hollinger, Kyle Owens, Eddy Egun, Josh Vasquez, Tony Miller, etc., will help us forget all about losing this year's juniors and seniors over the next few years. As much as I still believe that Oguine and Rorie are the best guard tandem in Griz history, I have never been more excited for Griz basketball!

AllWeatherFan said:
No kidding, driftwood. I am hoping that the additions of DJ Carter-Hollinger, Kyle Owens, Eddy Egun, Josh Vasquez, Tony Miller, etc., will help us forget all about losing this year's juniors and seniors over the next few years. As much as I still believe that Oguine and Rorie are the best guard tandem in Griz history, I have never been more excited for Griz basketball!

I am not worried about guard overall scoring next year with the athletes we will have. I do worry about turnovers and scoring stalls. This year when we stall out on the arc or on our drives, we pitch akoh the ball and he does his thing 3-4 times in a row. next year...who fills that? I hope Dorsey gets his medical waiver if he tries for it. He has shown the more he plays the more ability he has to drive and shoot outside.

Pretty Awesome! Griz recruits already bringing in the hardware.

[media]https://twitter.com/FCHSBBALL/status/1095410070592974848[/media]

He is listed at 6'5" but with his arm length finger length and vertical ability (he jumps very well off of two feet not just off of one foot) he is more like 6'8". Looks like he can also handle the ball pretty well for a big guy and also has good foot work. Most high school players do not learn a reverse pivot or an up and under until they reach the college level. Very excited to see him in Maroon next year!

This is the league he played in this year:
BISHOPS
FRANCIS PARKER
HORIZON CHRISTIAN
LA JOLLA COUNTRY DAY
ARMY & NAVY ACADEMY
FOOTHILLS CHRISTIAN
SANTA FE CHRISTIAN

The Coastal league is one of the best the San Diego Section. Every school on that list can recruit, and Horizon is traditionally the best of that group. Just not this year. Santa Fe and Foothills were the class of that conference.

Foothills is ranked in the top 30 nationally and has played a boat load of talented high school teams this year. Of their 4 losses, 3 of the come to top 30 or so nationally teams. Foothills played the 15th ranked team in the nation (Eitawanda)-Lost, 12th ranked (Ranch Christian)-Lost, beat traditional Seattle power O'Dea, Harvard-Westlake, as well a host of other top 50 ranked national programs.

They havent lost since the end of December, and is ranked #1 in the open division and plays Vista tomorrow night in the open division semi-finals. If they win, they'd play the winner of Torrey Pines and Mission Bay on Saturday for the top seed going to state.

Against that competition DCH has been a double-double machine. I haven't seen him live, but what I have of on film, there aren't many that can match him physically. He's physically capable of playing D1 basketball right now.

Grizfan-24 said:
BISHOPS
FRANCIS PARKER
HORIZON CHRISTIAN
LA JOLLA COUNTRY DAY
ARMY & NAVY ACADEMY
FOOTHILLS CHRISTIAN
SANTA FE CHRISTIAN

The Coastal league is one of the best the San Diego Section. Every school on that list can recruit, and Horizon is traditionally the best of that group. Just not this year. Santa Fe and Foothills were the class of that conference.

Foothills is ranked in the top 30 nationally and has played a boat load of talented high school teams this year. Of their 4 losses, 3 of the come to top 30 or so nationally teams. Foothills played the 15th ranked team in the nation (Eitawanda)-Lost, 12th ranked (Ranch Christian)-Lost, beat traditional Seattle power O'Dea, Harvard-Westlake, as well a host of other top 50 ranked national programs.

They havent lost since the end of December, and is ranked #1 in the open division and plays Vista tomorrow night in the open division semi-finals. If they win, they'd play the winner of Torrey Pines and Mission Bay on Saturday for the top seed going to state.

Against that competition DCH has been a double-double machine. I haven't seen him live, but what I have of on film, there aren't many that can match him physically. He's physically capable of playing D1 basketball right now.
I pretty much thought the same thing watching Vasquez in a CIF playoff which his team lost. And, I've seen Kyle Owens handle pretty much anything that came his way. With the three guys from some of SoCal's top basketball schools, Griz bball is really on an uphill swing. The only weakness I can see is the lack of a true post player.

GrizLA said:
Grizfan-24 said:
BISHOPS
FRANCIS PARKER
HORIZON CHRISTIAN
LA JOLLA COUNTRY DAY
ARMY & NAVY ACADEMY
FOOTHILLS CHRISTIAN
SANTA FE CHRISTIAN

I pretty much thought the same thing watching Vasquez in a CIF playoff which his team lost. And, I've seen Kyle Owens handle pretty much anything that came his way. With the three guys from some of SoCal's top basketball schools, Griz bball is really on an uphill swing. The only weakness I can see is the lack of a true post player.

I think we might have a post in Mack. He has the frame and just needs to bulk up a bit. He is extremely athletic and, I think, the most coordinated of our post players and has the highest up-side. We will still need to bring in another, though.

Back