• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sayeed - Big Sky MVP?

HookedonGriz

DONOR
I stated it in game thread and thought it deserved its own discussion. I truly think Sayeed is making a strong case for MVP of the conference. When you look at all around play, offense, defense, rebounds, etc he is on fire as of late. He looks unstoppable at times.

I dont’ know if he’s the MVP, but I do know that his drop step move near the rim is NOT traveling. Fucking refs are stupid.

He’s definitely the 2nd half MVP of the BSC! So smooth in his drives to the basket. Lots of season left to claim MVP! Hopefully Rorie can get it going.

AZGrizFan said:
I dont’ know if he’s the MVP, but I do know that his drop step move near the rim is NOT traveling. f***[*] refs are stupid.

Agreed on his drop step. The refs were anticipating travels all night without letting it play out. It was really weird to have something like four called travels (3 on us and 1 on Weber) in about a 3 minute span.

Also, Sayeed is surging for sure, but I don't know if anyone player is as valuable to their team as Davis is to NCU. I think he is likely the front-runner for BSC MVP.

Before the Akoh injury I thought it should be him. With the way Sy is playing I think he should get it. But I just have a feeling we will see Tyler Hall get it.

Think about the drop off if each team's star went down. Akoh goes out and we pick up the pieces and are still the top team in the conference. Tyler Hall goes out, the cats aren't as good, but Frye and Blevins can carry them OK and they actually have decent role players this year. If Davis goes out, the Bears don't have anyone to carry them on offense. Radebaugh is a great defender but he's not one who can be the man on the offensive end.

It depends on how you define MVP. Is it the most valuable player for his team, in which case all of UM's players are at a disadvantage because of the team's depth of stars, or does MVP mean best player in the league. In the later case U of M has a lot of candidates.

Back