• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ogden newspaper- Weber comeback falls short vs MT

Proud Griz Man

DONOR
5c664d3658e74.image.jpg

. . . Harding had 27 points to his name in the second half alone, and Weber State had 56 points as it mounted a comeback. When Montana’s Kendal Manuel hit a pair of free throws with 12 seconds left, WSU would need three more. Harding raced up the floor and stopped to put up a twisting 3-pointer. It hit front iron with 7 seconds left. Brekkott Chapman grabbed the rebound and missed a putback attempt. Michal Kozak grabbed that rebound but got tied up with Montana’s Michael Oguine before he could kick it outside for one final attempt. Time expired.

And just like that, Montana survived another WSU comeback, winning 83-80 on Thursday night at the Dee Events Center. “The game plan was to come out and be aggressive. I feel like we didn’t follow the game plan,” Harding said. “We’ve got to give them two halves. We’ve been really inconsistent game to game, half to half. We have to sure that up. It’s the end of the season, we can’t have breakdowns like this.”
The second half was starkly juxtaposed to the Wildcats’ 24-point output in the first frame. WSU head coach Randy Rahe said his team was too slow and too easy to guard in the first half. “We didn’t make one change, X’s and O’s,” Rahe said. “The pace in which we ran our offense in the first half was very slow. We have to play it fast. We did that in the second half and Montana had a hard time keeping up with us.”
https://www.standard.net/sports/weber-state/harding-s-not-enough-in-weber-state-comeback-bid-montana/article_6226c22a-12ed-5c41-81cc-67d1e62f5ad6.html

As I stated in the other thread, Weber has been wildly inflating their attendance numbers for years. I'm not sure why they do it, if it's an attempt to return to the glory years, or to ensure they're always number one in the conference in something, but they certainly do.

EverettGriz said:
As I stated in the other thread, Weber has been wildly inflating their attendance numbers for years. I'm not sure why they do it, if it's an attempt to return to the glory years, or to ensure they're always number one in the conference in something, but they certainly do.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I actually tried Pluto last night. Every view of the game shows, at best, two thousand if the 'crowd' is evenly disbursed. Every single frame picture backs that assessment. Where was this block of 4,000 fans sitting, out of range of ANY camera? Maybe the Griz do lead the league in actual butts in the seats attendance.

tourist said:
EverettGriz said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I actually tried Pluto last night. Every view of the game shows, at best, two thousand if the 'crowd' is evenly disbursed. Every single frame picture backs that assessment. Where was this block of 4,000 fans sitting, out of range of ANY camera? Maybe the Griz do lead the league in actual butts in the seats attendance.
This. As we were watching the game , my spouse commented, "So where are all those Weber fans?"

Well, we live in a 'representational republic,' so I would bet each fan shown was representing three or four of his brethren.

An even more ridiculous attendance story...I surfed into the Idaho-UNC game on Pluto and picked out maybe four or five dozen anti-social people dotted throughout the far sideline stands - not in seats but on uncomfortable looking benches. Come basketball season the Kibbie( It's Not A) Dome is configured magically into something gloriously named the Cowan Spectrum. The Vandals are guilty not only of having terrible teams but also winking at truth in advertising. Word is they are trying to find the money to construct a new basketball facility with seats - or benches - for 4,200 folks. Looks like they've finally given up the ability to fund a replacement for the silo. No doubt, big days ahead for Vandella athletics. Next stop the Twilight Zone... or the Frontier Conference...

Silvertip said:
"...the Kibbie( It's Not A) Dome..."

Correct. I think they just co-opted the term as an early 70s brag that the BSC had more Domed, indoor, football stadiums than the NFL(ISU, UI, NAU)at the time. Down yonder, in SE Idaho, they call 'em Tater Sheds, among other things. As a baby boomer, I just referred to anything in that configuration as a Quonset Hut, BIG f'n Quonset hut.

I thought we cleared this up a few years back. A full one-third of the attendance at each Weber home game includes the souls of dead individuals who have recently been baptized by the LDS Church. In fairness, church officials only count the attendance of souls who 'were or probably would have been basketball fans'.

If you freeze frame with 2:36 left in the game and carefully look at the sea of empty seats, you can clearly see the ghosts of Humphry Bogart and Charles Manson high-fiving after Weber scored. Both are/were huge NCAA b-ball fans.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/21/mormons-holocaust-victims-baptism-lds-church

Ursa Major said:
I thought we cleared this up a few years back. A full one-third of the attendance at each Weber home game includes the souls of dead individuals who have recently been baptized by the LDS Church. In fairness, church officials only count the attendance of souls who 'were or probably would have been basketball fans'.

If you freeze frame with 2:36 left in the game and carefully look at the sea of empty seats, you can clearly see the ghosts of Humphry Bogart and Charles Manson high-fiving after Weber scored. Both are/were huge NCAA b-ball fans.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/21/mormons-holocaust-victims-baptism-lds-church

:lol: :clap:

Back