• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

To Make the Michigan Game Worse

mtgrizrule

NDSU and Gardner Webb show up to give Duke and Virginia tough 1st halves. As a fan, I'd love to see the GRIZ compete with the big boys, in the NCAA TOURNAMENT. We just don't though. Why, do other low seeds do it, but we usually don't?

mtgrizrule said:
NDSU and Gsrdner Webb show up to give Duke and Virginia tough 1st halves. As a fan, I'd love to see the GRIZ compete with the big boys, in the NCAA TOURNAMENT. We just don't though. Why, do other low seeds do it, but we usually don't?

No doubt especially as we handled Ndsu twice this year pretty easily.

HookedonGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
NDSU and Gsrdner Webb show up to give Duke and Virginia tough 1st halves. As a fan, I'd love to see the GRIZ compete with the big boys, in the NCAA TOURNAMENT. We just don't though. Why, do other low seeds do it, but we usually don't?

Where do you come up with some of this shit? They played each other once this year mid December and Montana won by 7, ndsu was ahead at half.

mtgrizrule said:
I think Coach K chewed a lot of Duke ass at halftime. I'm starting to feel a little better.

Yeah! What’s going on now will probably lead to a 40 point loss for NDSU!

Yeah, ours was a gradual beating! There’s is a “we were just kidding! We wanted to inflate your ego, so you could feel for 20 minutes like your football team, and now we’re gonna rip your hot-dish, snicker salad eating hearts out, you in-bred pieces of sh$t!” Gives one a warm feeling inside!

mtgrizrule said:
NDSU and Gardner Webb show up to give Duke and Virginia tough 1st halves. As a fan, I'd love to see the GRIZ compete with the big boys, in the NCAA TOURNAMENT. We just don't though. Why, do other low seeds do it, but we usually don't?

Kick a dog while he’s down, why don’t you...

The shots weren’t falling last night, especially early. Some nights are like that, some aren’t. How many shots rimmed out? Seems like a lot. Griz also didn’t have the benefit of ‘sneaking up’ on Goliath since we played them last year. I bet those poor Michigan kids were sick of watching the first few minutes of last years game by the time they stepped on the floor last night.

The Griz has a great season, one for the ages. It’s too bad Akoh was injured down the stretch, but this team certainly didn’t let that stop them from winning the conference and the tourney...

jesslohse said:
mtgrizrule said:

Kick a dog while he’s down, why don’t you...

The shots weren’t falling last night, especially early. Some nights are like that, some aren’t. How many shots rimmed out? Seems like a lot. Griz also didn’t have the benefit of ‘sneaking up’ on Goliath since we played them last year. I bet those poor Michigan kids were sick of watching the first few minutes of last years game by the time they stepped on the floor last night.

The Griz has a great season, one for the ages. It’s too bad Akoh was injured down the stretch, but this team certainly didn’t let that stop them from winning the conference and the tourney...

:clap:

braves84 said:
HookedonGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

Where do you come up with some of this shit? They played each other once this year mid December and Montana won by 7, ndsu was ahead at half.

Chill out Francis, thought they met up in Bahamas but I forgot Ndsu lost to incarnate word (who the Griz handled easily) and didn’t end up losing to Griz there. You gonna be okay? In fact they lost to IC and the the Griz beat IC by 23.

HookedonGriz said:
braves84 said:
HookedonGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

Chill out Francis, thought they met up in Bahamas but I forgot Ndsu lost to incarnate word (who the Griz handled easily) and didn’t end up losing to Griz there. You gonna be okay?
I'm more than o.k.. I'll buy the Bahamas excuse, but Montana hardly handled ndsu in missoula easily.
The both of them are good basketball teams nothing more who play in below average conferences. Somebody has to go to the "big dance" from their leagues and it happened to be both of them.
My opinion if they played each other 10 times it would probably be a 50-50 split.
They both got exposed for what they are, good mid-major teams, who both have a ways to go to compete with any top 20 program.

We come out in these big games tense and jittery and proceed to throw up enough bricks to build a tudor mansion. We wouldn't do well in the Big Sky if we played that tense. The coaches somehow have to find a way to get these kids to loosen up before these games. Everyone looked tense as hell in that little locker room clip before the game began. Love our kids, love their talent and heart, sad that the talent doesn't shine through due to obvious butterflies.

braves84 said:
HookedonGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

We beat them in football too.

PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:
HookedonGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

We beat them in football too.
He is talking this year in basketball, I don't know what your talking about .
they didn't play each other this year and haven't played each other since 2015.montana won 38-35 and ndsu beat them 37-6. Ndsu has won 3 of the last 4 between the two.
What does this have to do with men's basketball this year?

Montana is a good basketball team. However, we are a big fish in a small pond that competes in a weak basketball conference. Inject this team in a quality conference, compete with other good teams on a weekly basis, a different team will appear when they play top teams like Michigan.

If we were in a better conference and made it to the dance, we would never see anything worse than a #12

Big Sage said:
If we were in a better conference and made it to the dance, we would never see anything worse than a #12

Another possibility is that if UM was in a better conference, it wouldn't get to the NCAA Tourney. One advantage of big fish in small pond is an increased chance of making the tourney.

MW Nevada. One and done. Will lose 7 seniors. Utah St. One and done.

Better conferences and higher seeds don't necessarily result in ncaa wins.

Back