• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tres

citygriz

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/2019/03/will-tres-tinkle-return-to-oregon-state-or-turn-professional-decisions-looming.html

Tough decision for the young man! Since he already has his degree i would think he should certainly declare for early draft consideration to test interest. Staying with the OSU program in the hopes of getting back to the NCAA seems to me to be a bit of a gamble. Certainly, not a guarantee. And there is the potential for injury that might wipe out any benefit of improved draft position in 2020.

Whatever he decides i wish the young man all the best in his future endeavors!

Big Sage said:
I smell a Gradute Transfer, and reunite with Manuel!!!!

Put up a bunch of pts vs big sky conf. Better chance of getting to the tourney. That would be quite the event. Would never happen, but would be awesome

How fun would it be to have this decision?! Good for him. I thought he'd do well there but his play exceeded my expectations.

Big Sage said:
If he can go first round, then declare. Otherwise, stay for his final year
Yep. Guaranteed money level or ... Forget it!

Always some risk, but you can buy insurance for that. Not sure what it costs, but it's probably worth it if he stays for that final year. Dad/coach should know all about how that works.

IdaGriz01 said:
Big Sage said:

Always some risk, but you can buy insurance for that. Not sure what it costs, but it's probably worth it if he stays for that final year. Dad/coach should know all about how that works.
He'll be playing at OSU next season.

rosco said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Big Sage said:

He'll be playing at OSU next season.
I agree. But ... You know this how?

Only shoots 32% from the college 3 pt line. Needs to improve there to make a roster in the current NBA as a 3. Sad that the NBA has come to be a shooting contest, but that's the reality.

Great college player and has done the state proud. Hoping he goes back and improves his perimeter shooting and breaks OSU's scoring record. Could improve his chances.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Only shoots 32% from the college 3 pt line. Needs to improve there to make a roster in the current NBA as a 3. Sad that the NBA has come to be a shooting contest, but that's the reality.

Great college player and has done the state proud. Hoping he goes back and improves his perimeter shooting and breaks OSU's scoring record. Could improve his chances.
Perfect observation.
Overseas, yes. G League, maybe. NBA, no

Sam A. Blitz said:
Sad that the NBA has come to be a shooting contest, but that's the reality.

Different strokes I guess. I love the current state of the league. We went through a stretch there where guys could literally go to the basket 100 MPH, draw contact and be rewarded at the free throw line. I'm all for attacking the rim but it was a style that completely changed the game.

I think as a whole players are getting back to being "skilled" rather than just big and athletic. Big guys must be able to shoot as well as play with there back to the basket. Guys like Dirk and later on Steph really helped the game evolve in my opinion.

ilovethecats said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

Different strokes I guess. I love the current state of the league. We went through a stretch there where guys could literally go to the basket 100 MPH, draw contact and be rewarded at the free throw line. I'm all for attacking the rim but it was a style that completely changed the game.

I think as a whole players are getting back to being "skilled" rather than just big and athletic. Big guys must be able to shoot as well as play with there back to the basket. Guys like Dirk and later on Steph really helped the game evolve in my opinion.

I'm with you. Loved the Beautiful Game from 2013 and 2014. We're seeing more of this throughout the league and its a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjadmjleQT8

PeauxRouge said:
ilovethecats said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

I'm with you. Loved the Beautiful Game from 2013 and 2014. We're seeing more of this throughout the league and its a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjadmjleQT8
That is awesome!

I get that NBA hoops isn't for everyone. But I really feel that those that make blanket statements about how bad it is really aren't watching the games. The teams with the most success in the league are the teams that play the game the right way.

I love all hoops. This time of year with college hoops is far and away my favorite time of year. I most definitely like college better than the NBA. But about 99% of the guys in the NBA CAME from college. They didn't just forget how to play when they entered the league. It's a different style of play for sure but certainly not worse.

Though I'm a bad judge because there's probably not a level of basketball out there where I can't find at least one aspect I love.

Back