• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Decuire declined WSU offer

Bozo JrCollegeofAG

According to the article.....

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Article/Washington-State-basketball-Pat-Chun-Kirk-Schulz-Kyle-Smith-Leon-Rice-Travis-DeCuire-Cougs-Cougars-WSU-Wazzu-130587676/

Talked about that and the college coaching carousel in general on the show today

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-march-27-2019-hour-1/

Bozo JrCollegeofAG said:
According to the article.....

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Article/Washington-State-basketball-Pat-Chun-Kirk-Schulz-Kyle-Smith-Leon-Rice-Travis-DeCuire-Cougs-Cougars-WSU-Wazzu-130587676/

I always knew Travis was a sharp cookie!

So depending on who you ask, there are a number of WSU types who are pretty frustrated with the process. They are trying to pivot the hire as Kyle Smith was our first choice (including statement from AD) and they weren’t turned down by DeCuire, Rice and maybe a few others.

My understanding is they did poll interest from a few candidates and were told they weren’t interested in applying. Smith is a good hire, but not exactly who WSU boosters were likely rooting for.

For what Wazzu is on the basketball court, I think they made a pretty good hire, definitely much better than Ernie.

How many years of failure did WSU endure in football before they finally got Mike Leach? Looks like MBB is heading down the same neverending hole, still digging.

After a couple days of asking around, I am fairly confident that TD was never offered the HC job at Wazzu.

grizindabox said:
After a couple days of asking around, I am fairly confident that TD was never offered the HC job at Wazzu.

You can turn down a job before it’s offered. Happens all the time.

goatcreekgriz said:
grizindabox said:

Funny, title of this thread does say "offer"

grizindabox said:
goatcreekgriz said:
grizindabox said:

Even funnier, the article that the OP refers to does not reference any offer.

goatcreekgriz said:
grizindabox said:
goatcreekgriz said:
grizindabox said:

Even more funny is that I never referenced the article, just the assumption of the OP and others that I have heard/read stating the word "offer"

grizindabox said:
goatcreekgriz said:
grizindabox said:
goatcreekgriz said:

Even more funny is that I never referenced the article, just the assumption of the OP and others that I have heard/read stating the word "offer"
After five minutes here, I am fairly confident that at least two posters on this thread lack adequate reading comprehension skills.

goatcreekgriz said:
grizindabox said:
goatcreekgriz said:
grizindabox said:

After five minutes here, I am fairly confident that at least two posters on this thread lack adequate reading comprehension skills.

At least one lacks comprehension skills all together...congrats

Latest posts

Back