• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TD New Contract Extension

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1111434743621443588

DOPE! I would think that they are looking under the cushions in their offices to throw as much at Travis and staff to keep him around as much as possible!

$175,000 a year plus incentives! $20,000 increase! Still less than Rahe! What a joke! Easy buy out, if the job is right! (Buy out is purely speculation, but a PAC12 job would assure that.)

rocklobster said:
$175,000 a year plus incentives! $20,000 increase! Still less than Rahe! What a joke! Easy buy out, if the job is right! (Buy out is purely speculation, but a PAC12 job would assure that.)

The joke is you expecting it to be different.

This is just Haslam doing his job and getting TDC signed as if he is staying and to me means nothing else. I think things are exactly as they have been with us still needing to wait until all of these open coachIng positions are filled. It is great Travis wants to be here and great if he signs an extension but the only way this extension isnt happening is if Travis gets an offer from somewhere else he likes first. Could be a play by Haslam and TDC to announce this and maybe put a little pressure on these bigger programs to show their hand if they are interested in Travis as they may not want to pay for 3 years of Travis’s salary if they dont have to.

rocklobster said:

Lost me, his last contract with Griz was 175k for 3 years with incentives. This new one must be bigger/better.

HookedonGriz said:
rocklobster said:

Lost me, his last contract with Griz was 175k for 3 years with incentives. This new one must be bigger/better.

If so, my bad!

I've been in a kind of basketball "funk" since last Thursday. This (if true) might be the thing to snap me out of it

rocklobster said:
HookedonGriz said:
rocklobster said:

If so, my bad!

Oh I see what happened. You must have seen the article referencing his last 3 year contract a year ago where he went from 155k to 175k and mistook it for this new one they are still working on. I see that part got added into the recent article that came out. Can see how that’s confusing. I’ll be interested to see what the new one looks like.

HookedonGriz said:
rocklobster said:
HookedonGriz said:
rocklobster said:

If so, my bad!

Oh I see what happened. You must have seen the article referencing his last 3 year contract a year ago where he went from 155k to 175k and mistook it for this new one they are still working on. I see that part got added into the recent article that came out. Can see how that’s confusing. I’ll be interested to see what the new one looks like.

I thought it was dated today. Thanks for the bail out of my ineptitude!

Lots of moving parts here and too early for speculation. But my gut tells me it’s more involved than just the university giving him another $20k bump. Maybe, just maybe the pot may be sweetened by some outside interests? I think Travis has his sights set on obviously a PAC-12 school but not just any ole PAC-12 school. That I think is validated by his supposedly turn down of $1.4m at Washington State. That also tells me he is pretty jacked about his incoming class. Nevertheless let’s just sit back and enjoy the ride!

This great news for everyone. I really respect Travis as a coach and person. I'm thinking his pay increase was made easier by his teams making the U of M money from the NCAA Tournament.

If we really want to keep Travis long term, take the majority of whatever we earn in the NCAA tournament and use it toward bonuses and or salary for him.

mtgrizrule said:
This great news for everyone. I really respect Travis as a coach and person. I'm thinking his pay increase was made easier by his teams making the U of M money from the NCAA Tournament.

If we really want to keep Travis long term, take the majority of whatever we earn in the NCAA tournament and use it toward bonuses and or salary for him.

I’m so damn happy right now I can’t sit still !!! Been nervous about this for weeks. It’s not done but I feel a lot better. Griz nation doesn’t realize what a great coach they have. The best is yet to come!

GREAT news!!!! Yes, the buyout is likely still small enough that any P5 could eat it. But it signals TDC’s willingness to stay, and if it makes it that much more difficult to hire him away, I’m ALLLLLL for it.

Another win for Kent!

Back